3 replies to this topic

emefka

emefka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey Guys,
i got a very annoying problem with my dell display.
my system is awesomely recognized from hte kalyway 10.5.2 Installation. But there iss THIS little thing that iss pretty,pretty annoying for me:

I set up my exposť:
Top right corner > display sleep.

After this I move the mouse in the top right corner and the display will go to sleep (not the system). But at this moment it's done. My system don't care if I move the mouse or press any key - it will not reactivate my display.

If I go to sleep mode (lidclose) the system hibernate. after reopenig the lid the display is back online.
That is a quite big problem if your about to convert HD-AVCHD. That action takes hardcore about 6-8 hours. So while my dellintosh is doing that, i could really safe energy while getting my display-screen in sleepmode. But if it don't awake after moving the mouse I got no chance to check if the conversion is done yet. And when i then go to sleep - the conversion broke up. That iss "$=)(%ß%.

Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup_anim:

oh, and sorry for my english - i just arrived here in california a month ago.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Did you check this guide: [Guide] Dell Inspiron 6400/9400/1520/1720/E1405/E1505/E1705 Intel Core Duo

emefka

emefka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sure I did.
But I found nothing about Display Sleep.
Normal (System)Sleep and Hibernation is functional - but no display sleep...

thaialism

thaialism

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
you might want to try the leopard 10.5.2 graphics update, this can be downloaded from the apple website. it fixed my sleep problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy