Kalyway 10.5.2 PS2 keyboard and mouse not working during the installation.

roon83

19 posts in this topic

Hi,

It's my first post here. I have just tried to install the "Kalyway 10.5.2 AMD Intel" on the following Hardware:

Asus M2N-E motherboard (nforce 570ultra chipset)

AMD Athlon X2 4200+ Processor

80GB Seagate SATAII HD

Sony DRU-840A IDE DVD RW

2GB DDR2 RAM

Realtek RTL8139 ethernet

PS2 optical mouse

PS2 keyboard

The problem is that my PS2 mouse and keyboard are not working during the installation setup because of that I am unable to install Mac on my PC. Please help me solve this problem.

I had a similar problem on my 10.5.1 install (kalyway) but I solved it with a $15 microsoft comfort curve OEM keyboard and mouse combo (USB). PS/2 doesn't work on my system either. You can try selecting the vanilla kernal with PS/2 support and see if that works.

You can try selecting the vanilla kernal with PS/2 support and see if that works.

How do I select the Vanilla kernel with the PS/2 support at the start. The GUI setup is not usable because of that PS/2 issue. I am new to OSX86 so I don't know much about it. Plz help me.

Sorry about the delay, but since the mac is not PS/2 friendly, I'd suggest you get yourself a USB mouse. Or borrow a USB mouse to get things going. The install doesn't like PS/2 and USB (KB or Mouse) in a mix and match configuration. Then just install as usuall

Sorry about the delay, but since the mac is not PS/2 friendly, I'd suggest you get yourself a USB mouse. Or borrow a USB mouse to get things going. The install doesn't like PS/2 and USB (KB or Mouse) in a mix and match configuration. Then just install as usuall

Thanks a lot cottonswab and sticman for your helpful replies. I'll try to install it with the USB mouse and keyboard.

This kind of post is what makes this whole process so frustrating...

The below is pure BS, and way too broad a comment to have any meaning at all!

If you try to install Leo4All V3 on an NForce platform, you'll quickly find that PS/2 keyboards and mice are ALL that will work! USB devices are not at all recognized until you boot into the OS! BTW, PS/2 devices work just fine in the OS, thank you very much...

Far`too many misinformed people making guesses or useless suggestions...

and you speak of BS!!...

now, get back in your box and close the lid!!

SticMAN

This kind of post is what makes this whole process so frustrating...

The below is pure BS, and way too broad a comment to have any meaning at all!

If you try to install Leo4All V3 on an NForce platform, you'll quickly find that PS/2 keyboards and mice are ALL that will work! USB devices are not at all recognized until you boot into the OS! BTW, PS/2 devices work just fine in the OS, thank you very much...

Far`too many misinformed people making guesses or useless suggestions...

OSXBUBBA, originally the post was using the Kalyway install if you had followed the thread. Not all motherboards and combinations work on every motherboard. Sometimes its a BIOS issue which causes some feature to not work. Others can be BIOS settings in itself and soemtimes updating the BIOS fixes things. As for USB under Kalyway, I used a USB mouse and Keyboard, and it worked during boot when I did my install using the Kalayway DVD so again you cannot apply your install to "ALL" installs because you haven't tested "every" piece of hardware out there - this is why this place is for all types of help.

For roon83, if you don't mind downloading the leo4all and trying that then go for it and I hope it works for you, but getting a cheap USB mouse isn't that big a deal and they're cheap like $5-10. And if the leo4all doesn't work then you might try upgrading the BIOS. It's all trial and error when things go smoothly.

Hi

In bios setup activate ( Enable ) USB Mouse and USB Keyboard, after save this configuration restart the pc and the ps2 keyboard and mouse work well.

:P

There aint any option for USB keyboard and mouse in my mobo's BIOS.

• 2 weeks later...

today i tried to install Kalyway and Leo4allv3 with USB mouse and keyboard. Leo4all doesn't mount HD partitions. Kalyway loads the partitions fine and installs every thing fine but now after the installation I can't boot into OS-X. The Darwin starts to load and after one or to lines the PC reboots. I am dualbooting it with XP. Plz help.

Hurray finally I can boot into Mac OS X. I just reinstalled the OS with some better options(using Kalyway 10.5.2). Last time I messed up the installation by selecting too many things. I am posting this message from Leopard. Everything seems to be working fine. Thank you all for helping me install Mac OS X on my PC. This is a wonderful and truly helpful community. Thank you Kaly for making such a fine installation DVD. My PC's Hardware info is in the first post (I changed my mouse and Keyboard to USB as cottonswab and sticman suggested)

Roon83, I have the same mobo, and am thinking about installing Kalyway 10.5.2, my question is, are you using your onboard sound and LAN? Do they work?

Does de SATA controller work OK?

I´m trying to get this questions out of the way before installing...

Thanks in advance,

McArelo

Roon83, I have the same mobo, and am thinking about installing Kalyway 10.5.2, my question is, are you using your onboard sound and LAN? Do they work?

Does de SATA controller work OK?

I´m trying to get this questions out of the way before installing...

Thanks in advance,

McArelo

motherboard's onboard LAN is not in working condition so I bought a realtek RTL 8139 PCI ethernet. it's the most common LAN card and cheap too. Onboard sound is working OK. SATA Hard Disk is also working. i am currently dual booting it with windows XP( 15 GB for Mac)

have you tried forcedeath drivers for the lan?

The onboard LAN on my MOBO is faulty so it is unusable. I can't confirm this or should I say I am unable to confirm it. here's another thread. This guy tried to install it on Zephyroth's Mac but failed You can try it on Kalyway maybe it will work.