theStevo 4.5 Patch Released

thestevo

90 posts in this topic

my usb problem is solved, except that when I plug my iPod i have to restart to use it but it doesn't matter.

the only big problem is my ethernet drop, it drops more often when i watch videos on youtube, and this makes me crazy

this is the error messages in my console :

5/24/08 7:00:11 PM kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is 54182, dirty_tx is 54058, queue len is 124

5/24/08 8:24:01 PM kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is 232141, dirty_tx is 232017, queue len is 124

5/24/08 8:54:10 PM kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is 66494, dirty_tx is 66370, queue len is 124

5/25/08 12:49:38 AM kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is 790749, dirty_tx is 790625, queue len is 124

5/25/08 1:02:19 AM kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is 26072, dirty_tx is 25948, queue len is 124

5/25/08 3:04:05 AM kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is 344111, dirty_tx is 343987, queue len is 124

5/25/08 12:58:44 PM kernel exceed tx queue limit! tx_cur is 83765, dirty_tx is 83641, queue len is 124

I don't know what does it mean...

Deal friends,

I used this patch with 4Dual-VSTA. Only sound does not worked (not see audio chip).

Please help me.

My spec: Mainboard - 4Dual-VSTA

PCI express: Asus ATI 3650 Silent (256 MB) patch with netkas

I have QE/CI. Only iMovie does not work.

heng2006

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got my internet working without drop-outs, but I had to get a USB to ethernet adapter, costing me about $30. Have a look here for compatible adapters, plus the relevant kexts to go with them.

Everything seems to be working now, and I've updated to the latest 10.5.3 using the update found at the Bay.

The »10.5.3 Combo Update by Mysticus« works perfect. My system starts fast and there are no more problems with my GeForce 7600 GT (there is a new NVInject inside the package). :)
Yup, I updated safely using the same method.

Are you using ViaRhine for your network card? How is it holding up? I was still getting disconnects when using heavy internet traffic with the built in Via Rhine on the VSTA-DUAL, which is why I went with a USB-ethernet adapter which is working great.

hmmm

it would be great if you could tell me which options did you select during the installation of the combo update by mysticus

I followed the thread to the letter and stuck with 9.2 sleep kernel, as I know that works great.

Only thing you will have to do is copy back the ViaRhine kext, and choose your relevant video card.

thanks

I have seen this site already, but it says that products can change of chipset with the same name too.

and as the asrock mobos seem to be a bit special, i wanted to be sure before to spend 30€ (yes it's a bad deal but apple think that 1$=1€).

and i prefer spend 30€ than 10 hours trying to get my internet working ^

• 2 months later...

To theStevo,

Do you plan to create the patch for JaS.OSx86.10.5.4.Client.Server.Intel.SSE2.SSE3?

OR you could tell me to select options of this version (JaS.OSx86.10.5.4.) for 4DualVSTA mainboard.

Thank you for your hard works.

heng2006

Well, I don't know yet. I've talked to JaS and he says that it will be included in the first PPF. However, I was told that all installers that use Dense's slipstream would contain it now since I gave the kext to him and they do not. I think I'll let JaS release his PPF and if it isn't there I might do something. Let me know if enough of you are stuck.

I have largely moved beyond this board, and I recommend that some of you look to move to something in an Intel chipset too. Snow Leopard requires 64bit drivers. AppleVIAATA is not 64bit, but we do have the source. I likely don't have the skills necessary to modify the source for 64bit, and thus this board will not run Snow Leopard or beyond. I'd love to see it be able to, it is capable (theoretically) but I don't think I'll be the one to bring that support.

theStevo

• 4 weeks later...

Iam not very good in written english, so be pleased.

I think i solved the dropping ethernet problem.

I did not know how to change these settings in osx in terminal so i used the Programm MacPilot.

You install it and choose Network - Advanced.

Use the Network Preset (download+browse)

It changes the following options:

1. net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack Value=0 Delay ACK to try and piggyback it onto a data packet. 0=disabled; 1=enabled; 2=more compatible (TH_PUSH); 3=streaming detection;

2. net.inet.tcp.recvspace Value=3072 Maximum TCP receive window

3. net.inet.tcp.sendspace Value=2048 Maximum TCP send window

Then apply settings.

WITH THESE SETTINGS IAM UPLOADING WITH 120kb/s

AND DOWNLOADING WITH 1MB/S SINCE 24HOURS.

I will report if the connection droppes again. (Hopefully not)

Last but not least, thanks theStevo! u did great work!

theStevo, Thanks very much for all your work!

I applied your patch to 10.5.2, and verified MD5.

My system is 775Dual-VISTA, 5600+, all IDE, 2GB RAM.

Everything works except ethernet. Got no network. Error message: cable unplugged. Any idea?

BTW, during install, I only selected your package, video driver and EFI (GUID). Did NOT select Vanilla kernel.

Thanks again.

i don't have the time to test the solution with macpilot, but as far as i know, these are the command you have to type in terminal to do the same thing as macpilot does :

sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0

sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.recvspace=3072

sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.sendspace=2048

BUT plz, anyone can confirm it? because i found this info on unknown site, and i haven't tested it yet. (i have DD problem)

Hi Stevo, wonderful job with this comunity, in the majority, noobs, by the way... :)

I need help installign the kalyway, I hope thiis is the right thread, if is not, please feel free to guide me.

I have a Arsrock mobo, I goes to the F8 screen selectionn then BAM!.... REBOOTS AUTOMATICALLY, I have tried modes -v -x -s and -F. in -x mode, it went a long time loading drivers, then REBOOTS.

help needed please

James

by the way, I have downloaded this file "

ADD_KEXT_TO_DVD

Kalyway DVD ReadMe.rtf

Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso"