ATI Radeon 9550 working/funcionando on 10.4.3

cuastermos

62 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Hello!

I have been able to make work ATI Radeon 9550 on 10.4.3. Here are the step that I have follow:

1.- Delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache from /System/Library

2.- Edit ATIRadeon9700.kext :

do you think this will work with 10.4.7 (SSE2) ?

ok, i guess i will just have to try it for myself. :D

Pretty old this thread :whistle:

To have this card working I had to reinstall osx86 with the 10.4.4 Jas DVD, and to have other things like network working again updated to 10.4.7.

Good luck :P

• 1 month later...

I have a JaS OS 10.4.7 runing on Gigabyte Radeon 9550 and i can`t find ATIRadeon9700.kext anywere. I serched whole system, Instal DVD and i haven`t got any clues.

How can i enable QE/CI on my card ?

Is this radeon9700 fix will work ? If yes where can i find it ?

Thanks for help ;)

edit: ok, somehow i found this file... and aint working for me. Any ideas how to get the QE/CI ?

Edited by Klimas

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've been checking the forums out for the last several months trying to get QE/CI working on my video card. After several re-installs, 10.4.3, 10.4.6 and finally 10.4.8, I've been finally able to get QE/CI and fast display switching. I used Calisto's 008 drivers and the original ATIRadeon9700.kext from my 10.4.8 installation (see my sig for version).

Search the forum posts for the all-in-one Calisto/Koverg driver download. I forgot exactly which thread I got it from.

Here's what I did:

1. Installed 10.4.8 fresh. Checked if I could get QE/CI working "out of the box" by editing ATIRadeon9700.kext. Added my DeviceID (which is 0x41531002) to the kext. Deleted /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache. Rebooted. Result, QE/CI enabled. Experienced some mouse tearing but quite as much as the amount of mouse tearing I got when I was using 10.4.3 with a 256MB ATIRadeon 9600 PRO AGP video card.

2. Checked to see if QE/CI will work with the Calisto 008 driver which gives you fast resolution switching. What I did was to copy ATIRadeon9700.kext from my /System/Library/Extensions folder to the /Koverg/2 folder of the all-in-one Calisto/Koverg driver. Don't forget to backup the ATIRadeon9700.kext on the Koverg folder though. You can rename it to something else before you copy the ATIRadeon9700.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions folder. I then installed the driver with the following options: cal8 0x0x0 2 0. Reboot. Result, QE/CI enabled and Fast Resolution switching enabled.

3. Enabled Quartz2D Extreme to speed up GUI and installed Mouse Locator to deal with mouse tearing. So far so good.

I also tried to see if I could get it to work with the AGPGart.kext but it would just freeze at the gray apple boot screen.

Don't forget to backup your kexts before you modify them. Thanks to all those whose work helped me finally get QE/CI working.

Here's my System Profiler readout:

Radeon 9550 AS:

Chipset Model: Radeon 9550 AS

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4153

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

AOC Spectrum 9K:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I don't speak English... just Portuguese. Help me if you colud.

Oi amigos, por favor me ajudem...

Ontem instalei a versão 10.4.4 no meu x86. Em seguida, instalei o driver pra minha placa de video ATI Radeon 9550 256MB/128bits. Reiniciei, tudo beleza, tava funcionando legal. Só que como tenho um monitor de 17" (Samsung SyncMaster 710s), quis colocar uma resolução maior que 1024x768. Pimba! Quando cliquei em 1280x1024 (como uso no Windows, por exemplo), a tela ficou preta e o monitor mostra uma mensagem "FORA DE SICRONISMO" e fica piscando a luzinha de liga/desliga. Depois disso, já reiniciei várias vezes mas não adianta, ele carrega até chegar na tela azul e mostra a mesma mensagem. Alguém tem alguma dica pra me ajudar nisso???

Agradeço muito, um abraço!

Bruno

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Please Help Me......

Bus: AGP

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I Don't Know What To do Again. anyone help me to make CE&QE Work........... Please.....!!!!

I tried ALL Of Tutorial in this thread But All Not Work On My Computer.

Any one can Help Me.... Thank's Guys

I'm Running On Mac Os X 10.4.8

NF3 250

512 Memory

Sorry My English Bad.

I have a 9550 too, but I installed a bios mod with a overclock, now my card is recognized as a 9600pro, and it's a bit faster.

With the card recognized as 9600pro it's much easier to install on hackintosh.

Please Help Me......

Bus: AGP

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Core Image: Not Supported

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I Don't Know What To do Again.

I tried ALL Of Tutorial in this thread But All Not Work On My Computer.

Any one can Help Me.... Thank's Guys

I'm Running On Mac Os X 10.4.8

NF3 250

512 Memory

Sorry My English Bad.