[Solved] login resolution

jizzle

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I just got my ATI Sapphire x1650PRO 512MB (device ID 0x71c1) working :D , everything is working at full speed, but my problem is that the login screen is at very low resolution, i don't know why, because my desktop resolution is set to 1280 X 1024 @ 60,

this is pretty much the only thing i need to fix, Please anyone please help.

if u got the same card as mine get kext at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...eaded&start

gud luck

i've tried leo4all version and also Zephyroths 10.5.2 Rev.2, but same problem

Edit:-

I just had to plug my VGA cable to the second connector on my video card, weird, but it worked. THANX for your efforts to try to help me :)

let me try, brb:)

Navigate to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and replace the com.apple.Boot.plist with the one attached to this post. Repair your permissions with disc utility and your boot screen will appear at the correct res.
just tried it, i tried this before too, but no luckthe loadup screen was at 1280x1024, but when it got to the login screen, the resolution changed horribaly :(, any other solutions :)

well, still waiting,

what i found is that after i login to my desktop and logout, the login window resolution is good, so maybe the video kext are being loaded after the login window, if this is the case then is there anyway to start/force start the video kext at the system startup.......i'm not sure if this is the problem...anyone has any solutions....!

i tried this and it only works for the apple logo at start up, but when it gets to the login screen the resolution changes to something like 600x800, and when i log in to the desktop the resolution changes to 1280x1024 (set by me). it is only with loginscreen that wouldn't change. but wats funny is that once i'm logged in and then i log out or switch user, the login screen resolution is also 1280x1024, don't know wats goin on :)