6850 HDMI doesn't work on Lion 10.7

Maxxor

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I just got myself a new rig and I've been trying to use my PC on my Panasonic TV without any success.

I'm running my Hackintosh on a LG screen on DVI, but when I connect with HDMI, OS X recognizes the TV and puts the LG as a second screen and even knows that the new display is a Panasonic TV but I get not video on the TV.

When I go on Windows, everything works perfectly, I also tried another cable with no success.

Also, i'm running GE=Yes

Here are my specs:

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3

i7 2600k

Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

Thanks!

I have a Diamond 6850 and it's working over HDMI and DVI (no sound over HDMI but i'm going to work on that this weekend). Do you have the LG connected via DVI and the Panasonic connected to HDMI at the same time? What versio of Chameleon are you using? What framebuffer are you using (should be Duckweed)? You can check by looking in IORegistryExplorer. Search for Duckweed. if you don't see it, look for RadeonFramebuffer. If that shows up then it is not using the correct framebuffer and you may need to boot with AtiConfig=Duckweed.

Thanks for the answer!

Just got back from work and did some research. With GE=Yes, i'm running Duckweed.

I was told to put GE=No and then HDMI started to work. But GE=No means no Steam and DVD Player and so I'm looking for a way to fix this.

Also, I have the latest Chimera.

If you are using GE=No, then it uses the RadeonFramebuffer which i believe is autogenerated for the card. Problem is it doesn't support QE/CI fully. If you are using Duckweed and you don't get output on the HDMI then it is probably a problem with the personalities for Duckweed. You can either try a different framebuffer or try to edit the framebuffer personalities (which involves a good amount of hacking)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249642

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the answer!

Just got back from work and did some research. With GE=Yes, i'm running Duckweed.

I was told to put GE=No and then HDMI started to work. But GE=No means no Steam and DVD Player and so I'm looking for a way to fix this.

Also, I have the latest Chimera.

Hi try this ATI6000Controller.kext backup then replace in S/L/E and repair permissions

ATI6000Controller.kext.zip