Nvidia GTX 560 Ti & Lion...

cjhmdm

6 posts in this topic

I've seen mentioned a few times in the GPU compatibility thread that you can get full support for the 560 Ti in Lion but would like to confirm if it's truly possible, and ask for some instructions on what needs to be done.

If it makes a difference, here is my specific card: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-Ti-...rozr-II-OC.html

I've seen mentioned a few times in the GPU compatibility thread that you can get full support for the 560 Ti in Lion but would like to confirm if it's truly possible, and ask for some instructions on what needs to be done.

If it makes a difference, here is my specific card: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-Ti-...rozr-II-OC.html

Yes, totally possible.

My solution was:

Use older card for installation, my case this was an 8800gtx

Use Snow Leo IOPCI family Kexts

Kernel Flags: npci=0x2000

Install Chameleon RC5 (latest)

Post Installation:

Re-install 560ti - use Osx86tools to generate Device Properties info, place this into com.apple.Boot.plist

Edit: NVDAGF100 kext, in Info.plist add: 0x120010de ;fffcf0ff (something like this)

Repair permissions on kext

Add GraphicsEnabler=Yes kernel flags to boot.plist

Restart.

Chameleon will fire up (in my case in ultra-low res! :blink:!) and boot into OSX

After a few minutes, you get full resolution and then springs to desktop.

CI/QE work great, games play great, no freezing.

CUDA works after installation of Nvidia Cuda drivers (devzone.nvidia.com)

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks for your reply, NotMeAgain.

However, I have a question. What do you mean with:

Chameleon will fire up (in my case in ultra-low res! :(!) and boot into OSX

After a few minutes, you get full resolution and then springs to desktop.

Does this happen on the first boot with GTX 560 TI only or does it happen at every reboot?

Thanks for your reply, NotMeAgain.

However, I have a question. What do you mean with:

Does this happen on the first boot with GTX 560 TI only or does it happen at every reboot?

This happens at every boot for me as the VESA mode isn't listed.

This means the boot loader (Chameleon) can only output at the listed resolutions (you can check this by using "?video" at the boot screen)

It's not a big deal, it just means that whilst osx is booting, it will display either stretched or lower resolution than your monitors native.

As soon as the OSX GUI loads however, I get full 1080p resolution.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...