Rhapsody Install Guide for Bochs

Rhapsody Guru

52 posts in this topic

Yah! Hurrah! I have completed the Rhapsody in a Bochs gude for your viewing pleasure. Here is the guide that took me some miserable days to complete. It is designed to assist you with installing Rhapsody OS in the Bochs emulator. The file is attached to the post. Click here to see an image of it in action.

Enjoy!

:compress:

Matt

P.s. let me know what you think!

Rhapsody_In_a_Bochs_Guide.pdf

I don't see how this wouldn't work in VMware. Colonels had a b/w display, but I think if you choose the right display options with color, it should get color in vmware too.

No you can't. I tried but the generic display driver doesn't want to cooperate.

;)

Guru

once i get broadband. ill try installign on my xbox, would be interesting :D

Hey... let me know how that goes! I am sure Bochs can work. You may need to do some variation of compiling though... at any rate, have fun!

:D

Guru

bochs already runs on xboxes.

xbochs, its caled, or something

im just talking about gettign rhapsody running.

im not that 1337 :P

Ha.. good one. Let us hope that all goes well. If you can, use my precompiled .bxrc file.

:)

Guru

• 3 weeks later...
hey matt, if you need to host it somewhere else then ill upload it no prob, just lemme kno :) and thanks again

max

transmittersdisabledsymboljpgc20530lq7.jpg

Hey... you guys are right. OrbitFiles, the site that I had the config file on, shut down or somthing. I'll use bwhsh8r's FTP server instead. Thanx bwhsh8r!

:)

Guru

Hey... you guys are right. OrbitFiles, the site that I had the config file on, shut down or somthing. I'll use bwhsh8r's FTP server instead. Thanx bwhsh8r!

:thumbsdown_anim:

Guru

yep, thatll work, or ill upload it to megaupload or rapidhell or somthing like that. :whistle:

thannks agian matt

max

no problem, and good luck... http://bochs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/toppe...group_ideq12580 is what i found... but idk, ill keep lookin

max

That's only source code, windows binaries, redhat binaries, etc.. No OS X Universal Binary

My google searches have only yielded some french guy building 2.2 in universal, but his files are gone from his site.

Anyway, it's no big deal, I backed up my Rhapsody files to a CD and will look into it later on when I have more time - real life needs to take priority right now --- I'm moving to a new country!

Thanks for all the help, guys!!!