Asus P5G41-M LE

CPU Intel Pentium Dual Core e-6500 2.93 ghz

Asus Nvidia 7300 GT 256 silent Video card

Crucial DDR 800 mem 1 gig

Western Digital sata hd dr 80gigs

Monitor Hann HW191D

Operating system Snow Leopard retail installed with empire efi 1.08

W/ My hack

Installed Voodoo HDA kext for sound (working).

7300 GT working without full acceleration.

I am quite happy with my overall SL experience to date. Oh yes I did update to 10.6.4

Note used Graphics Enabler and now have

full acceleration -- Everything works!

This has been a wonderful experience.

• 3 months later...
List of components for my computer

Asus P5G41-M LE

Monitor Hann HW191D

W/ My hack

I am quite happy with my overall SL experience to date. Oh yes I did update to 10.6.4

Hi im very happy that the motherboard I have can run osx :-)

can you please help me

my computer is nearly the same as yours:

Asus P5G41-M LE

CPU Intel Pentium Dual Core e-6600 2.4 ghz

Asus Ati 5770 1Go Video card

kingston DDR 800 mem 2 gig

Seagate sata hd dr 120gigs

I tried many version of OSX distros but all hangs with this message:

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers...

something with ACPI

I use the latest Motherboard bios with S3 and acpi2 enabled and sata enhanced mode.

can you please tell me what bios version you use and what settings. and if possible a link to the kexts and dsdt for the chameleon extra folder.

please :(

\\\\\\\\\\\\\UPDATE/////////////

nervermind i got it running without anything!

I have the latest bios 506 that I modded to add slic2.1(Win7) to it + dsdt no alias patch (here without alias patch and just slic2.1 patch). But Iam fairly convinced It works with the default asus bios.

Just DONT set acpi to 'S3'!!!

I used in bios Sata enhanced mode(my ide and sata drive works)

Enabled everything for the cpu (even speedstep)

used Peg/PCI for graphic card, pci memroy realocation disabled, igp memory disabled, and shared memory to 128mo(no disabled available).

usb legacy and 2.0 enabled

parallel port disabled

serial port disabled

acpi auto, acpi 2.0 enabled, and the other acpi option enabled too.

fan control to silent(my preference)

plug and play os set to yes

Ill add more option if I missed some since I wrote this from memory

Got the iAKOS s3 v2 working

Got the Original snow 10.6.2 retail dvd on usb + myHack(added ioata kext in config but may be extra) working.

Thanks to the GREAT insanelymac community :-)

• 1 month later...
List of components for my computer

Asus P5G41-M LE

Monitor Hann HW191D

W/ My hack

I have this same board and I'm having some trouble with 10.6.5. Snow Leopard installs fine, and I got the System Profiler to recognize my ATI x1600 PCIe but it won't let me change resolutions. Also, in any browser when I go to a page with Flash content, it crashes the browser. Any ideas here?

Hi to all from S.F.....

Kind of a newbie to all this somewhat. Bulit one last using Asus MB with agp graphics works flawless with Lerohazard 10.6.2. But, having an issue with another motherboard. ASUS P5G41-M/LX2 GB with integrated everything. It just hangs up on boot for days on end. I'm no where close to apple screen. Read alot about perhaps its the motherboard itself, the intergrated graphics on it. I've downloaded several types of distro 10.5.6 ipc n ideneb, and 10.6.2 leohazard. I've read alot about maybe getting retail version dvd or getting new pci-e graphics card or just whole new motherboard but which one?.

Your help is much appreciated . Thank you . Happy Holidays

• 1 month later...

@jack kyle I failed with the installation of OSX86 in every aspect.....

I updated my bios to 506+slick 2.1 from the download link provided above.......and tried iDeneb 10.56 and iPC 10.5.6. For both of the distros I failed up getting an error called

"using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" which you have mentioned above

I managed to pass to this error using the iPC ACPI fix....but....

1) in iDeneb it got stuck again at the famous "Still Waiting for root device"

2) in iPC lead to a kernel panic

Only last hope is iAKOS s3 v2.....I hope it works with my system config....because we both have almost same config

@jack kyle I failed with the installation of OSX86 in every aspect.....

I updated my bios to 506+slick 2.1 from the download link provided above.......and tried iDeneb 10.56 and iPC 10.5.6. For both of the distros I failed up getting an error called

"using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" which you have mentioned above

I managed to pass to this error using the iPC ACPI fix....but....

1) in iDeneb it got stuck again at the famous "Still Waiting for root device"

2) in iPC lead to a kernel panic

Only last hope is iAKOS s3 v2.....I hope it works with my system config....because we both have almost same config

While iAtkos will work, the best course is a *standard SL upgrade DL DVD* (yes, the $30USD upgrade special sold at any Apple reseller or Apple Store) for this series of motherboards (I own one, the P5G41-M LX2/GB, the version with the Realtek 8111E onboard gigabit and G41 onboard VGA, but with a Visiontek AMD HD5450 PCIe graphics card handling the graphical issues).

The CPU I use is a Celeron DC E1200 (however, any LGA775 CPU the motherboard supports will work). TO kickstart, I downloaded [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (the current version, at http://www.tonymacosx.com/downloads will work).; then, once the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] splash screen kicked in, I swapped in the SL DVD (the instructions are off the same page I directed you to above on using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with a regular SL DVD) and got busy.

All the ports (IDE and SATA) are supported (which means you want to take care using Disk Utility - I disconnected any HDD that I didn't need for Hackintoshery while running DU to avoid that sorta screwup). On the same page (and from the same developers) is [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], which handles a LOT of the behind-scenes work in getting any Hack with Intel chipsets up and running. Download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] once you get SL installed, but read the documentation before running it - it will save you time and aggro later.

I installed iAtkos s3 v2 i.e MAC OSX 10.6.3 and this motherboard is working great. Almost everything is working except the ethernet which need a kext to be installed. Had some problems with the new voodooHDA but after switching to older one its working great. This motherboard uses realtek ALC887 coded.

Thanks a lot @jack kyle and InsanelyMac Forum. Anyone having problem installing OSX86 can use my Guide to Install iATKOS S3 [snow Leopard] in ASUS P5G41-M-LE

• 3 months later...

I installed iAtkos s3 v2 on this motherboard aswel, but I didnt need to use the bios that you supplied. Now I just need to get the network card and my graphics card working.

I have a GeForce 210 512mb but dont seem to be able to get it to work, any idea on how to do so? I cant find anyone else who has had it working with instructions, please excuse me as I am a newbie to all this ha.

• 2 months later...

I used the iATKOS s3 v2 method and got mine installed fine, when i reboot i get the restart error, so i booted from the hdd using -x code and i can load up osx in 'safe boot' but in this mode it doesnt let me read from other ntfs drives so i cannot install the ethernet kext or the any others, i am going to reinstall on my second local hdd using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method, Wish me luck! ;)