creative Audigy 2 NX

xSuRgEx

8 posts in this topic

Ive just managed to get a fantastic bargin on ebay, a Creative audigy 2 NX for £16. ;) i have looked on the WIKI and see that Os x for intel has no problems with it, but how many channels will i be able to get from the external soundcard? apart from the obvous L/R channel's

i have searche the forms too but couldent find anything revlent to my problem.

Now that apple are working on these MacPros do you think creative might start offering support for there usb soundcards?

• 1 year later...

really late answer ;-)

audigy 2 nx works with osx 10.5.2 and stereo output, mic-in, digital-in and digital-out channels are found. stereo out works perfect but the mic channel does not really work. inputs sound horrible. couldnt check the digital ports yet.

I don't understand how you did that. I have only HD-Audio Output and SB Audigy 2 NX in System Preferences - Sound - Output and i can't switch from stereo to 5.1 or anything else. Mic input does not really work too. Are inputs working for you too?

• 3 months later...

I too, have an Audigy 2 NX card (USB) and I do have analog output on the soundcard however I see nothing to get it digital output out of it, SPDIF or Optical is fine.. I see no pulldown menu to get 5.1 or 7.1 any of that sort. It just lists the SB Audigy 2 NX and type USB.

This is with Kalaway 10.5.2

Any help would be great.

Thanks for your time.

You know, at times USBs are lot better then PCIs, If you think of "Virtual PC", "VirtualBox" or "VMWare" or "Parallel" etc softwares which allow USB capture, it can give Direct Audio out through emulation (without the need of apple recognizing it) :D but the better solution is always through proper drivers of USB as we all know. Proper drivers can help audio sound great in both environment (Realtime and Virtual emulation)

Sometimes, we get the best PCI drivers but emulation on these (above mentioned) softwares, do not allow full utilization of the sound card instead, they use their emulated SB16 code :) (which is a crazy thing to do). Only the USB cards can break this barrier of making Virtual PCs sound to Audio card's full potential :)

• 4 weeks later...

STLVNUB was talking about the "Audio Midi Setup", and not of the "Sound" entry in System Preferences. Try search it in the Spotlight, if you cannot find it in your applications -> Utilities folder.

I agree, that with Leopard there are no drivers needed to get the Audigy 2 NX fully working with 5.1 or 7.1 outputs.

Hi Guys,

I have followed the above steps and I'm still unable to get any audio. I have tried both the spdif and optical interfaces. I'm using a macbook air. I change it to 6channel and select the multichannel in configure speakers and it comes up with the 5.1 setup which is what i have. I have tested the card on a windows pc so I know it still works. Anyone got any idea?

Thanks,

Lee