Acer Aspire 4530 Almost Working...

remus_19

12 posts in this topic

Hi fellow Aspire 4530 users,

I finally got Acer Aspire 4530 to (almost!) work with iPC 10.5.6 :(

After about a month of tireless googling, i found an Indonesian OSX86 site (http://mac-inul.com/viewtopic.php?t=283) and made google translate it for me.

Here's the gist of it:

1. Set the SATA Controller in BIOS to AHCI.

2. Get a USB mouse then connect to laptop.

3. As the DVD boots (from countdown to the part where you always get stuck...), just move your mouse back and forth so as to activate the LED/Laser/whatever below the mouse.

4. Install and enjoy your mac!

Notes:

For my install, I did not use AppleNForceATA but the one below it (the patched NForce-something) as chipset.

Also these things:

0. Voodoo kernel (almost forgot...)

1. PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse fix (the first option, i think...)

2. USB fix (the first option of the two)

3. Other tools, esp OSX86Tools by PCWiz (thank you, man!)

P.S. Have tried different combo for graphics (oh yeah, the latest NVidia drivers in the installer don't work, though it won't cause errors if you install it), audio, ethernet and/or WLAN kexts to no avail. If you succeed on making these work, please share it so we all could enjoy our AspireMacs to the fullest. :blink:

my specs:

AMD Ultra Turion ZM-82 2.2Ghz

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

160GB Sata hard drive

14.1" WXGATFT display

Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9100M G (dedicated 256MB)

802.11b/g/n WLAN (Atheros AR5B91)

Gigabit Ethernet (Broadcom 5764)

Chipset - NVIDIA MCP77MH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys, thanks for the interest! I've somehow lost hope in this one but I'm sure if there's a will, there's a way.

re: USB mouse, I think you need to move it until the rotating circle beneath the apple logo appears.

Good luck with your setup!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Hi fellow Aspire 4530 users,

I finally got Acer Aspire 4530 to (almost!) work with iPC 10.5.6 :unsure:

After about a month of tireless googling, i found an Indonesian OSX86 site (http://mac-inul.com/viewtopic.php?t=283) and made google translate it for me.

Here's the gist of it:

1. Set the SATA Controller in BIOS to AHCI.

2. Get a USB mouse then connect to laptop.

3. As the DVD boots (from countdown to the part where you always get stuck...), just move your mouse back and forth so as to activate the LED/Laser/whatever below the mouse.

4. Install and enjoy your mac!

Notes:

For my install, I did not use AppleNForceATA but the one below it (the patched NForce-something) as chipset.

Also these things:

0. Voodoo kernel (almost forgot...)

1. PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse fix (the first option, i think...)

2. USB fix (the first option of the two)

3. Other tools, esp OSX86Tools by PCWiz (thank you, man!)

P.S. Have tried different combo for graphics (oh yeah, the latest NVidia drivers in the installer don't work, though it won't cause errors if you install it), audio, ethernet and/or WLAN kexts to no avail. If you succeed on making these work, please share it so we all could enjoy our AspireMacs to the fullest. :rolleyes:

Hi remus, did you fix your aspire 4530? I have the same model. CAn you share how it works. Thanks