Anyone with DFI LanParty UT X58-T3eH8?

OUTSIDE

19 posts in this topic

Hi m8! First... sorry for my bad english! I'm spanish!

Well... I have the DFI LanParty UT X58-T3eH8 with Core i7 720... and... I can't install any machack!

I've tried iDeneb, XxX, IPC, Kalyway, iAtkos, Retail with boot... and nothing!

I've tried too the P6T Boot modification... and not too...

I want mac! How can I install it? Anyone with this MB? Or... anything with some idea to do?

Thx!

ByE!

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely interested in this as well. I'm interested in running a hackintosh with 2000mhz FSB, and this X58-T3eH8 mobo is perfect for this... easily achieve those speeds, according to two different reviews I read. Pretty hard to find any info on getting hackintosh to work with it though...

• 1 month later...
Hi m8! First... sorry for my bad english! I'm spanish!

Well... I have the DFI LanParty UT X58-T3eH8 with Core i7 720... and... I can't install any machack!

I've tried iDeneb, XxX, IPC, Kalyway, iAtkos, Retail with boot... and nothing!

I've tried too the P6T Boot modification... and not too...

I want mac! How can I install it? Anyone with this MB? Or... anything with some idea to do?

Thx!

ByE!

yea I've got the DFI DK X58-T3eH6 w/ Core i7 920.. system jut restarts when files are loading off the inital boot from the disk. =\

I didn't think it was realistic tho for this to work on such new hardware, it seems like you gotta kinda have older hardware to get it working =( I think I may buy a netbook in the neer future and install it on that because it seems that those are supported quicker than other hardware.

yea I've got the DFI DK X58-T3eH6 w/ Core i7 920.. system jut restarts when files are loading off the inital boot from the disk. =\

I didn't think it was realistic tho for this to work on such new hardware, it seems like you gotta kinda have older hardware to get it working =( I think I may buy a netbook in the neer future and install it on that because it seems that those are supported quicker than other hardware.

Somebody said they used digital dreamers way to install for the gigabyte board and they did it with this DFI board and it worked. same kexts and everything. why don't u post over here? i want to know too because i'm planning on buying this board. onli mATX core i7 board i know that somebody has got it working

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149505

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the DFI DK X58-T3eH6.

If anyone has successfully installed Leopard on that MoBo, please report back.

Thanks in advance,

Ceb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've got this same motherboard... got it up and running today. All 8 logical cores showing up.

Here's the scoop:

Install DVD: XxX 10.5.6

Set BIOS to IDE for integrated HDD controller (note: you will have to set it back to AHCI after install is complete)

Installation Options, select:

Voodoo kernel

Tools

ACPI fix

... continue to install.

When system reboots, change to AHCI in bios

Select F8 when Darwin boot screen comes up

Type "busratio=20" w/o quotes... press enter.

This should put you into OSX

Open Finder and run OSXTools

Set EFI string to busratio=20... this is so you don't have to do it everytime you boot.

If you get the sound working, let me know. :(

I've got this same motherboard... got it up and running today. All 8 logical cores showing up.

Here's the scoop:

Install DVD: XxX 10.5.6

Set BIOS to IDE for integrated HDD controller (note: you will have to set it back to AHCI after install is complete)

Installation Options, select:

Voodoo kernel

Tools

ACPI fix

... continue to install.

When system reboots, change to AHCI in bios

Select F8 when Darwin boot screen comes up

Type "busratio=20" w/o quotes... press enter.

This should put you into OSX

Open Finder and run OSXTools

Set EFI string to busratio=20... this is so you don't have to do it everytime you boot.

If you get the sound working, let me know. ^_^

These instructions helped a bunch, but I cannot seem to get the usb ports working properly, did you have any problems? Mine keep saying usb over current notice. If you have any advice that would be greatly appreciated..

• 1 month later...

i had the same motherboard its just awesome ....

mobo ut x58

graph gtx 275

mem team extreme dark 12 GB

velociraptor and black caviar

powered up with blue storm

methods:

1. ideneb 1.4 10.5.6

2. ahci mode form install to boot up

3. change busratio=20 in efi string

4. wallaaaaaa... be there and done that... :(

gtx 275 w/ artic cooling : delete nvhal etc put gt200.pkg and netkas injector boommm qe/ci works

lan marvell : change ionetworkingfamily.kext (add appleyukon2.kext... w/ info.plist modified )

still working on audio... :thumbsup_anim: but its doesn't really matter since i use presonus firewire soundcard... :(

for 12 hours works from scratch.. i'm satisfied ...

thx to all u guys for making it happen...

• 2 weeks later...

@ mammamia

in bios u just have to set the sata in ahci mode.. thats it..

and make sure u have sata DVD rom

ehmm .. and lastly do not plug ur sata in Jmicron sata controller (2 different color from the other sata)

and why dont u share ur rig specs to us :(

well,

i have

dfi x58-t3eh6

i7 920

6 GB ocz

gainward gtx260

did the ahchi thing and still when the first install screen is up with the apple logo

i get the "you need to restart your computer" message....

used the iDeneb_v1.4 10.5

any suggestions about that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi, i'm interest to this Mainboard

a simple question:

DFI UT X58-T3eH8 run with digital dreamer script?

Tnx in advance

I used Digital Dreamer's script but whenever I try to access the Internet with Linksys WMP300N WiFi PCI (Atheros) or plug-in a data USB stick I get a kernel panic.

• 1 month later...
finally i got my sound working..

using voodohda

from

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161638

hope it helps for all the ut x58 users....

Hei mate!

Could you give exact instructions how you achieved to get the sound working? I've tried installing VoodooHDA manually and through DD's script, replaced AppleHDA etc but no luck with sound. At the moment I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on the DFI mobo. Everything else is working perfect but the sound...