Asus P4C800-E Deluxe + IATKOS 10.5.5 (broken, now works!)

smidge

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, My first hackintosh was a complete success (Dell Dimension 5150...)

My second attempt is proving much more difficult

The 10.5.2 Kalyway DVD i used for my first try will not even get this PC to the installer screen, it just reboots the computer randomly after about 5 minutes of text apprearing on he screen (thats using -x -v)

I've done a ton of research and have now tried the IATKOS 10.5.5 DVD which gets me through the install process, i select what i THINK are the right settings but then once installed (sucessfully) the PC will not start and i get either a blank screen with a _ on it or a reboot loop...

Here are the specs,

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Pentium 4 3ghz

1gig Ram

120gb SATA Hard Disk

Samsung IDE DVD-RW

USB keyboard and mouse

I've read hundreds of forum posts over the last few days trying to relate to my setup but haven't had any luck, i'll worry about tweaking graphics lan and sound once i can actually get the thing running properly

any advice would be great as i'm sure this machine is capable of hackintosh-ness!

well after a whole lot more stuffing around ive made some progress...

turns out the biggest problem and what was messing up my isntall and boot were the SATA drives..

i disconnected both and plugged in an old WD40gb ide drive i had lying around and on my second attempt i have a sucessful mac os install!

boots up no issues, did the sign in stuff and all is well

what doesn't work:

LAN - and i dont know where to start to get the right Kext for it, the website for my mobo says its a Intel CSA LAN controller or something... is there a way to get better info and this or where to find the appropraite controller?

this is more important than audio or whatever else, the graphics are okay, haven't experimented with anything as its an older 5xxx Nvidia card

settings i used to get it to work were:

EFI

Voodoo

Disable

Remove Power

Remove Thermal

Graphics update

nvidia nvinject

didn't install lan at startup as i had no idea which one to choose, figuring i could do it later, but having trouble finding the right info

anyone got any clues?

I successfully installed iPC OSX86 PPF5 on my P4C800 Deluxe. I had tried the install before using Kallyway 10.5.2 last July and although it would install it would not reboot. Then after reading that if it installs and doesn't reboot means the machine is supported but you need to find the right combo. I installed the bare minimum and ran install over again with everything de selected except for the kext that I thought I would need. I found a kext for the onboard lan for the 3com 3C940 controller somewhere here. Only took 2 tries and I finally made it to the desktop. P4 3.0 ghz, P4C800 dlx., 2*512 ddr, AGP ATI X800 XL (default vga resolution) with IDE DVD and 80 GB IDE. used the voodoo kernel. runs not too bad. working with my Audigy soundcard, only need a $50.00 video card to be 100%. new life for my old P4

i upgraded to the latest beta bios from the asus website

i haven't been able to get lan working properly its the intel CRD gigabit ethernet or something,

no audio either but i've forgotten where to find the Kexts for all of its its been so long since i made a hackie

video is fine however!

• 2 weeks later...

got my audio working with the standard intel AC97 audio driver thats kicking around the place here

am going to try and upgrade to 10.5.6 so i can run (or at least try to) ilife 09 that i just bought

will let everyone know how i go!

no luck with the internal network card, ended up using an old netgear card i had lying around, its a little slow but it seems to work okay

going to back up the whole system onto another drive so if it all goes to poo i can at least go back to my stable and working 10.5.5 install which i'm posting from right now ;)