Multiple Entries in com.apple.boot.plist possible

longtom

9 posts in this topic

Can there be more than one entry in the string section?

e.g. Time machine Fix, Graphic card string, etc??

Is it then in between one string or is is seperated like <string>Time Machine Fix<string><string>Graphic card<string>?

No One?!?!

Can there be more than one entry in the string section?

e.g. Time machine Fix, Graphic card string, etc??

Is it then in between one string or is is seperated like <string>Time Machine Fix<string><string>Graphic card<string>?

You make separate entries for all the sections to be fixed then convert the xml to hex to get your string, your probably better off using the EFIStudio to do this for you.

You make separate entries for all the sections to be fixed then convert the xml to hex to get your string, your probably better off using the EFIStudio to do this for you.

ok with EFI studio.

So it is separated <string>hex...<string><string>hex...<string>?

ok with EFI studio.

So it is separated <string>hex...<string><string>hex...<string>?

With it like if you were doing it manually there would be one device properties section of string (not hex) for each device then it converts them to a hex value containing all the device strings in one value which you put into the com.apple.Boot.plist the EFIStudio does it all automatically for you after you select the fixes you need.

With it like if you were doing it manually there would be one device properties section of string (not hex) for each device then it converts them to a hex value containing all the device strings in one value which you put into the com.apple.Boot.plist the EFIStudio does it all automatically for you after you select the fixes you need.

i c!

i have an 2 own hex strings which were not generated by EFI studio.

how 2 combine them?

i c!

i have an 2 own hex strings which were not generated by EFI studio.

how 2 combine them?

You will want to take a look at this thread on the gfxutil to assemble/disassemble the strings/hex to combine them into one xml file with all the device sections in it then you convert that back to hex.

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.0.html