Kalyway 10.5.1 installer crashes near the beginning

Cyber Akuma

1 post in this topic

I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7413 laptop, the CPU supports SSE2 and SSE3.

I was trying to follow this guide: http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2008/03/osx-l...1051-on-pc.html

But I can't evne get past the first "Apple Loading Screen", and sometimes I can't even make it to there.

If I try to boot the installer normally it just gets stuck at that screen, the system has long stopped spinning up and reading from the disk, I waited a while and it would not advance past that screen, the circle was also spinning very slowly, and any button on the keyboard I pressed made it spin faster. I was forced to do a cold reboot.

Trying it with the "vanilla" boot option, while its at the "Loading Darwin x86..." step it tries to load for a while, then flashes a few error messages for a split second (way too fast for me to read them) and reboots my system.

Trying it with the -v option, here are the last few messages I get when it locks up:

ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

Jettisoning kernel loader.

(some date and ip info) Failed to count the number of files in "/System/Library/StartupItems"l no such file or directory

(some date and ip info) Failed to count the number of files in "/System/Library/StartupItems"l no such file or directory

unknown SIGSEGV code 0

After which it gives me a cursor and nothing responds, I can type whatever I want but it basically dosen't do anything, evne ctrl-alt-del dosen't work.

I remember when I was using Acronis True Image 11(if anyone is familiar with this app)'s boot cd to image my drive I was exirencing a crash almost exactly like the -v one I mentioned above, I had to add the command "acpi=off noapic" to the boot image, which disables ACPI and APIC, in order to get it to work properly.

Anyone have any idea why I can't get the disk to startup? And what I can do to fix it?