Display Shutter/ flicker problem

animemaniac

5 posts in this topic

MY SPEC

Mobo : MSI 945P Neo 2-f (ICH7/7R Chipset)

CPU : Intel Pentium D 930 (3.00GHz)

Ram :4x512-667 Cosair Value Ram

VGA :Leadtech GF7600GT TDH(factory OC version, Dual-Dvi)

Display : Viewsonic VA912 (19" LCD) -connected to graphiC by DVI-

DVD : LG GSA-H10N

Ok now my problem. I 1st installed Kalway 10.5.2 3days ago with sleepkernel and the NVinject-256 driver option. Booted but at resolution 1024x768 but wanted 1280x1024 option so having reading this and that I came down to "titant.kext", "NVinject 0.2.1.kext", "Nvidia Installer V2.0 by Punk92.mpkg" ,"Natit_1.0.pkg" and "NVInstaller V4.1.pkg" installed them one after the other (all but titant, natiti_1.0.pkg) but all gave me the BLACKOUT/ SHUTTER/ OUT-OF-SYNC (blacks out, alternates between normal display and blue, very random) problem after a few minutes of booting into mac and furthermore there was still no 1280x1024 option.

So after doing so much still no solution then I remebered reading somwhere saying not to choose any graphic driver when installing OSX, so I guess that was my problem so I reinstalled this time selecting the kabyl kernel and living out all the graphic drivers.

Booted and then installed the Natit_1.0.pkg, rebooted and WOW 1280x1024 for the 1st time!

But that didn't last for long, half an hour later the same "blackout" problem happened.

headed back to OSX86 and searched and found an article that said that the sleep option in leo could be the problem. Well sleep doesn't work for me so I thought that must have been the problem so I set "sleep" to never and disabled screensaver. rebooted still same "blackout"

removed natit with the uninstaller script. back to plain old 1024x768 and searched OSX86 again. found an interesting article on dev and ven ID

So I started on it but it didn't say whether to enter the codes b4 or after having installed NVinject or other graphic drivers, so anyway with no graphic drivers installed I started using the code in terminal used the "textmate" in KOOLSOFT to edit the kexts. Only leaving the last set of codes

sudo -s

#Give it your account password for root <terminal shows "Password:" but when I type nothing shows, all blank

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 * && chown -R root:wheel *

cd ..

rm -r Extensions.mkext

kextcache -a i386 -e

so I just assume I was in (I think I wasn't so if anyone knows why I can't type in the password plz advice) and continued with the code when I keyed "rm -r Extensions.mkext" it told me if I wanted to override(don't why or if it shud be lyk that) so I just hit enter and procceded with the next code "kextcache -a i386 -e" but it said I didn't have permissions, hit enter and exit terminal rebooted and at darwin bootloader hit f8 and at boot line typed "-f -v -legacy"

booted into leo just fine then installed the NVinject 0.2.1 and restarted but same "blackout" problem

cause I didn't know how to deleted a kext (plz someone tell me how!) I use time machine and backed up to the time when I had a clean install.

So plz I have tried and searched like a madman for 3days straight so if I'm doing something wrong or didn't do something please advice, help me achieve 1280x1024 resolution without that "blackout" prob

BTW: when I installed the NVinject or the Natit pkg, in system profiler everything showed fine CI/QE were supported and I had hardware acceleration just don't know why the "blackout" prob

bump......

tryign stuff on my own and now on boot leo keeps telling me to restart....and it nver starts....

Ok when you get leopard working again don't use nvinject or natit follow this guid to install efi string, I am told this works for your graphics card

http://osx86.wikidot.com/how-to-s#toc6

also you must check that your device id is in the plist of the following kexts.

geforce.kext

nvdaresman.kext

nvdanv40hal.kext

if you don't know how to do these things you can find out on here if your really stuck pm me

Ok when you get leopard working again don't use nvinject or natit follow this guid to install efi string, I am told this works for your graphics card

http://osx86.wikidot.com/how-to-s#toc6

also you must check that your device id is in the plist of the following kexts.

geforce.kext

nvdaresman.kext

nvdanv40hal.kext

if you don't know how to do these things you can find out on here if your really stuck pm me

Tried and tested still no go... same filckering problem when resolution set at 1280x1024.....

its just dam strange sometimes it can work for hours with no flicker sometime it flickers the min it boots....

anyway been reading bout NVCAP thingy from the NVinject forums but when I signup I don't recieve the confirmation email.....so I really wanna submit my VGA rom dump so if anyone has an account there(please help me submit) or knows how to analyze it tell me what NVCAP to use it'll be great.

My VGA Rom Dump link 1

My VGA Rom Dump link 2

well for my latest and stupidest report I would like to say that everything works now, minus sleep support and screensaver(screensaver doesn't disable when set to never and doesn't appear according to the designated time).

how did I solve my flicker problem? Well I did the oldest trick in the book, "if the 1st one (my 1st dvi output) doesn't work try the second".

So I reconnected my monitor to my 2nd dvi output of my VGA card and everything is worked.

So I guess that Natit and NVinject could have been working all along. So guys with flickering problems it might be due to the connection between ur monitor and ur VGA card. And ppl with dual DVI, it ur 1st doesn't work, try ur second.