Acer 5570-2977 install good but only get blue screen, Fixed and with welcome screen fix!

keypox

6 posts in this topic

I used kalyway 10.5.1 and the install went fine but when i boot all i get is a blank blue screen. I have waited for several minutes.

I selected custom install and selected the vanilla stuff but that was all... from searching the forums i see that my hardware should work... intel GMA 950, T2080

i tried pressing f8 then typed -x but that gives blue screen too. Did i miss something in custom install?

blue screen is gone i am now stuck at "do you already own a mac?" would you like to transfer information?

None work and the last one just restarts the process? i tried

mount -uw /

su

passwd root

"your new password"

exit

and "-x -s cpus=1"

i am not using the MBR boot i am using guid and i used the new kalyway 10.5.2 disc what do i do helpppp

i have tried a couple more things that havent worked "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" alon gwith everything mentioned here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...3544&st=20)

i missed a space

ODE:/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

passwd root

worked ... now im in now what to do ... i have no network it seems all graphic effects are off...

looking for some help i have not found a kext or procedure to use with my atheros 5007eg wifi. Should i try Leo4all or will it net the same results? I really want wifi to work then I would work other issues out later