pen-tablet temporarily working

placid

4 posts in this topic

i have a Wacom Graphire 3 tablet and was able to install it in safe mode using bog-standard drivers. Unfortunately when i rebooted (into normal mode, which i discovered was working suddenly) it stopped. But this seems to suggest that for some devices the old drivers will work. Maybe it'll be possible to move from MacOSx86 "OMG it works!" to MacOSx86 as a usable desktop.

my system:

Pentium 4 D 2.8 (no SSE3)

MSI 865 platinium MB

Ati 9500pro from Hercules

30Gb Maxator ATA100 drive

I just got my wacom tablet and i've been trying to get it working as well. I installed the drivers wacom gave me but it simply doesnt do anything. It works as a regular mouse but no pressure sensitivity or eraser. I definitly need some help because i dont want to be stuck with XP.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my wacom tablet and i've been trying to get it working as well. I installed the drivers wacom gave me but it simply doesnt do anything. It works as a regular mouse but no pressure sensitivity or eraser. I definitly need some help because i dont want to be stuck with XP.

Just tried it on DevDVD-release 1. After plugging my sapphire (graphire 3 iirc) tablet in it worked, but the pointer was confined to the upper right two thirds of the screen.

I installed the Wacom driver (Wacom Pen Tablet, Driver Version 4.8.4): The tablet preference pane won't load in prefs unless you set system preferences to use rosetta. The driver however doesn't recognise the tablet. In fact the tablet stops working at all.

I might try an earlier version of the driver.

• 2 weeks later...