Can't Boot into iAtkos v1.0i r3

parm289

4 posts in this topic

As the title says, I can't boot into the iatkos v1.0ir3 dvd. My specs are in my sig. I used iatkos r3 because it already has the nforceata kext in it, and I figured that would let me install onto my sata hd.

When I boot up the dvd with -v, I get up to the nforceata driver finding 1 device, then finding 0 devices. Sometimes it will show an extra line about (a) sleep (driver?). I never get "still waiting for root device."

When I boot with -v cpus=1, or any other flags like -s or -x, I get all the above (sometimes it doesnt "find 0 devices"), but after a minute or so I get the "still waiting for root device" error.

Are there any other commands that I can pass to get the dvd to boot, or am I SOL with my hardware? Again, specs in sig.

Thanks in advance for help. I dearched, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

• 2 months later...
Yeah i got the same problem, really wanna know how to get it working...

disable legacy usb devices in bios, and to make it simple, install to a pata hard drive. I have same board and it works fine, also use bios version 6.0. I use medevils driver w/Sata hard drive to store data, not to boot. I seemed to encounter to much instability booting off of a sata drive with medevils driver.