screen garbled after 10.5.1 boot up

+1_positron

1 post in this topic

Today i began trying to get OS X installed on my Lenovo IBM Thinkpad T60. I downloaded 'KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3' and was able to successfully reformat my hard drive, and install.

Here's where my problem begins. When i boot up, it gets to the grey screen with the apple logo, and the spinning circle, but then the screen gets garbled. It's hard to explain, but it basically looks like black and white lines up and down the screen. After a couple of seconds it fades to a light grey then it changes to a rainbow pattern, just lots of colorful lines.

I tried installing two different ways: once with the ati graphics drivers, and once without. I know i have an ATI graphics card in my system, probably an x1400, but i can't be sure, and either way, theres only one option for ati in the installer.

So yeah, this is where i'm stuck. I tried searching through the forum but couldn't really find what i was looking for. anyway, i would be very appreciative if someone could help me out on this one, or even point me to a previous post.

Thanks!