FSB with Kalway 10.5.2 on AMD

Mole0815

6 posts in this topic

Hi !

I finally got OsX installed on my Fujitsu Siemens Laptop xa1526. (MCP51, AMD TurionX2-64)

The problem is : The System feels like in slowmotion.

It seems like the fsb ist not detected correctly by the kernel, because when I check the actual speed of fsb with the method mentioned here : http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/2007/0...t-fsb-for-os-x/

I get 33 MHz as a result which is defintely too slow, as the turion runs normally at 200 Mhz fsb - so this would explain why the system is in slow motion.

Best example is Quake3 - it runs with qe/ci and sound enabled, but it feels and looks like slow motion.

I have tried to work with the fsb=200 boot parameter, but it seems the kernel doesn't care for it.

Also the com.apple.Boot.* modification shows no differnce, still 33 MHz...

So does anyone have a hint for my problem ?

In most cases this method doesn't work on hackintoshs. Its the same way how SMBIOS get its data. But anyway this is just a cosmetic issue. I don't think the fsb is wrong I guess your graphic card is causing the trouble.

Hi !

In most cases this method doesn't work on hackintoshs. Its the same way how SMBIOS get its data. But anyway this is just a cosmetic issue. I don't think the fsb is wrong I guess your graphic card is causing the trouble.

Thanks for your answer, just a few more hints :

1. smbios (about this mac) reports 1.8GHz unknown CPU and 133Mhz bus speed. (Well, cpu is ok, bus bus speed ???)

2. Quake3 shows 100+ fps in map 1

3. I did run xbench with the following results : cpu 66, thread 121, mem 106, quartz 141, opengl 92, userinterface 184, disk 100, overall 106

4. In system profiler qe/ci is hardware/supported, graphics is Geforce7600go with 256mb onboard ddr2 which was reported to work with osx.

5. Laptop resolution is 1440x900 , managed to work with nvinject.

Still thinking it's the 7600go ?

• 1 month later...

Mole0815, could you tell me HOW THE HELL did you got to install de ethernet, audio, wireless, trackpad and keyboard. I mean, i've been able to install the same distro from Kaliway, but I'm getting mad with that issues. Any help, please?

Hi Sonlera.

LAN and WLAN do not work. There are no drivers available. It's not that problem because there are USB-WLAN sticks known to work which only cost a few bucks.

Audio nedded patching (ALC883 with AppleHDApatcher 1.18). Touchpad and Keyboard worked out of the box.

But there is still everything going in slow motion, audio too. Nothing fixed the problem yet. Do you have the same laptop and the same symptoms ?

Yes, i've got the same laptop, wonderful machine in deed. I'm not having the same issues with the FSB; i've installed dreamweaver + phothoshop + fireworks from adobe and everything is running perfectly. By now, i've installed the trackpad and keyboard, but it only works on the first reboot I do, and at second reboot they "switch off" again, I think i still have lot of work to do. And for the wlan i will look for that adapters, hoping someone smarter than us developes the correct drivers.