Keyboard failure following KALYWAY 10.5.2 installation?

Turiya

1 post in this topic

Aloha all,I am running into trouble recovering from a failed KALYWAY 10.5.2 install. On that PC, I completed installation with an "installation successful" message. Upon rebooting, my computer would lock up when booting into the OS, freezing at a black screen w/ no cursor.I decided to try to give reinstallation a try, but found that, from the bootloader on, my keyboard was unresponsive. "Press any key to boot from CD?" Keyboard input not detected. I now can't do anything to recover my installation. I *am* able to use my keyboard in the BIOS, and I've tried several keyboards. However, once the bootloader starts, no keyboard input is detected. Actually, scratch that -- there is a brief moment where I can toggle the caps lock as the computer is booting, but num lock and other keys are totally unresponsive. I can't accomplish anything.I even set the BIOS to boot from CD, but I get no keyboard on the Gparted Live CD that I made earlier. I can't control anything, I can't fix anything, so now my PC is more of a paperweight.Any ideas what to try next?Just to add, my keyboard is a USB keyboard and I've tried multiple keyboards.