Leo4All AMD Installation Gets Slow and Buggy after 4 or more hours

Almas Khan

9 posts in this topic

So I have a big problem that has been around from Zephyroths and Leo4All insallations I've had for some reason if I use my computer longer than a couple hours everything starts getting choppy and slowing down, this is very apparent if I open warcraft 3 after 5 hours of the computer just sitting on, the game becomes sparatic graphics jittering flying all over the place windows in os x become jaggy and choppy start jumping around. Not sure really whats happening I knows it's not the distro I'm using it's something with my computer anyone have some ideas?

System Specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

2GB Dual Channel Ram

AMD Opteron 180

Geforce 8800GT 512MB

Again the computer at start is responsive smooth interface not problems after 5 or more hours you can tell the system is getting bogged down for some reason. Thanks for any help. Let me know if more information in a specific area can help.

So I have a big problem that has been around from Zephyroths and Leo4All insallations I've had for some reason if I use my computer longer than a couple hours everything starts getting choppy and slowing down, this is very apparent if I open warcraft 3 after 5 hours of the computer just sitting on, the game becomes sparatic graphics jittering flying all over the place windows in os x become jaggy and choppy start jumping around. Not sure really whats happening I knows it's not the distro I'm using it's something with my computer anyone have some ideas?

System Specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

2GB Dual Channel Ram

AMD Opteron 180

Geforce 8800GT 512MB

Again the computer at start is responsive smooth interface not problems after 5 or more hours you can tell the system is getting bogged down for some reason. Thanks for any help. Let me know if more information in a specific area can help.

read this

http://forum.infinitemac.com/comments.php?...=753&page=1

Yes, but, they also said " running MacOS on a PC? That probably won't work!" :rolleyes:

SticMAN

Actually I did see that and with looking at some other post people are saying that probably wont work. But I will give it a go see if it solves my systems problem.

Actually I did see that and with looking at some other post people are saying that probably wont work. But I will give it a go see if it solves my systems problem.

Well lets just say I'm 99% sure it will solve your problem, but then you will probably be faced with another which is the temperature of your cpu.

Okay well I have been running Leopard with the idlehalt=0 kernel flag with my computer running for about 13 hours now I'll try some games to make sure the GUI can hold up but ya looks like this probably has solved the issue :blink:. Will report back.