NX8500gt full work

Guest newbrocca

3 posts in this topic

Guest newbrocca

Secrets, Nvinject, 10.5.2 drivers and nx8500gt (256mb)

I finaly put my nx8500gt to work full...

So,I want to share my odissey

I downloaded the Nvidia Installer V2.0 by Punk 92 and installed only the Nvinject 0.2.0 for 265mb

I downloaded the Nvidia Installer V1.9 by Punk 92 and installed only the 10.5.2 drivers(it is checked yet),after make sure you have the necessary NVIDIA Files in your Extensions folder :

(You can see them on “list” mode view instead of icons)

NVDAResman.kext (required)

NVDANV50Hal.kext (required for GeForce 8 series)

NVDANV40Hal.kext (required for GeForce 7/8 series)

NVDANV30Hal.kext (required for GeForce 5 series and some GeForce 6 series)

NVDANV20Hal.kext (not required, for older cards, supported on PowerPC Macs only)

NVDANV10Hal.kext (not required, for older cards, supported on PowerPC Macs only)

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle (not required, for older cards, supported on PowerPC Macs only)

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle (not required, for older cards, supported on PowerPC Macs only)

GeForceVADriver.bundle (required)

GeForceGA.plugin (required)

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle (required)

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle (required for GeForce 8 series)

GeForce.kext (required)

You have to have the same video card as me for this guide to work for you because of the device id. If you have a different card you have a different id. Mine is 0x0421

Open your /System/Library/Extensions folder and find each of these kext files

GeForce.kext

NVDANV30.kext

NVDANv40.kext

NVDANV50.kext

NVDARESMAN.kext

You have to open each one by right clicking and selections "Show Package Contents." (you have to do this one file at a time or else you'll jack it all up...been there done that) So first off open "GeForce.kext" and then find the "info.plist" file(it is inside of /content), drag that to your desktop, but keep your window open that you took it from!

Open the file on the desktop and find a section that looks like "IOPCIPRIMARYMATCH" or "IOPCIMATCH." underneath this section of text you will see a part that says something along the lines of "<string>0x040210de&0xfff0ffff</string>". Add your DEVICE ID as the same format you see—some will be 0x0421de&0xfff0ffff and others only 0x0421de . Do this for each of the files I listed .After each file edited save, and return it to the original place(you let it open—remember?).

Than in “disk utilities” and on your "Leopard" disk click “Repair Disk Permissions"”

Reboot – to be sure to load the drivers boot with flag “-f” at Darwin Boot —I didn`t...

I just wanna say that I dont take the credit for any of this, its all information I've found on this website from different topics(even this text), all I did was trial and error to get it working correctly for me.

I think I coud do it without putting Nvinject from one version of Punk92 and the 10.5.2 drivers from other version of Punk92,seems the secret is edit the “info.plist” of that files,if so ,all board should work

Sorry my english

Newbrocca--Brazil

• 1 year later...

I just want to say thank you, because this completely helped me man.

I sure wish these hackintosh communitys were more friendly with helping..

as when I got done and had everything working right I posted a guide of how I got mine working, and gave you a shout out, with a link to your post, so hopefully more people thank you,

so just wanted to say thanks for posting info to better this community

THANK YOU!!!!! My NVidia NX8500GT 256MB works using this guide (have already tried everything else, only this text has helped). My Mobo is P5K PRO, 4GB G.skill ram, intel core 2 duo E8500(i think) @ 3.0GHz, got my M-Audio Delta 1010LT Soundcard working w/ Envy24 osx86 drivers. Currently my onboard ethernet (Marvell 88SE61XX 1 Gbps Ethernet) isn't working on 10.5.7 (worked on 10.5.6 [pretty sure] and 10.5.5 [for sure])

I also wanted to add that while you're editing the files you will have to replace w/ the 0x0421 (or your device id) like 10 locations in a few of the files (just so you know, make sure you get them all [atleast that's what i did]). IF I remember right I couldn't get the Nvidia Installer 2.0 by Punk92 to install, but I just used the insanelymac Nvidia Installer 3.0 Beta Version by Punk92.mpkg instead and I installed the 256 MB version of the NVinject 0.2.0 and 0.2.1 versions, but it looks like my system is just using the 0.2.0.

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0421

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.0

Displays:

2219S-1: