Choppy video effects / backdrops in iChat

LJSeinfeld

3 posts in this topic

I'm using a Kalyway install @ 10.5.2 with the following hardware (See Wishlist from NewEgg) with an apple iSight camera (they're firewire, but you probably know that).

Everything seems to work ok in iChat but when I do the video preview, video looks fine -- until I try to apply any of the video effects (even B&W).

I searched for a considerable amount of time (as noted many times before the search functions of this board leave a little something to be desired) and was not able to come up with anything very relevant to my problem.

Only thing that looks weird to me is the speed of the firewire connection for the camera is showing up at 200 mbit...

picture1vb7.th.jpg

TIA for any help/ideas

typically the issue with tearing and problems with video functions is the opengl support of the card. I don't know what to tell you on how to fix it, but I know usually it lays in the kext files. You may want to see if a new one is available for the 7300s. It could also bee a known issue with the motherboard itself, that however, i'd speculate to be not the case.