Panic in Leo4Allv2 install

cod.peace

4 posts in this topic

Motherboard: ECS G33T-M2, Intel G33 Express chipset. 4GB RAM, ATI 2600 HD PRO video, 1 SATA drive, 1 SATA DVD drive, Q6600 quad-core.

With the '-x cpus=1' flag I can get to the installer. I am currently re-burning the DVD at 1x to try the install again since OSX claimed the disk was bad. After I wiped Vista off the disk, of course :)

However, if I run the Leo4All DVD without 'cpus=1' I get a panic message:

panic (cpu0 call 0x00431D2D): Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\",\n@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu_1228/iokit/kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1405

This is further than I've gotten, ToH 10.5.1 and iAtkos hang during the boot, and Kalyway 10.5.1 just reboots endlessly.

try 'platform=X86PC' and see what happens, it fixed me ACPI errors on my XPS M1730
Thanks Dyne, but that didn't do the trick. I still need cpus=1. I tried a vanilla kernel installation but that wouldn't boot, am now trying an installation with the Leo4All kernel...And now with the non-Vanilla kernel I'm getting "Package 0 didn't get an HPET" error that repeats endlessly. Hmm.

Well, with the Leo4All kernel I got a "Package 0 didn't get an HPET" error, as well as an arror with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext. I deleted the kext but was left with system hang after reboot at the point where it says: "Mac framework initialized" followed by a line about buffers.

It's almost there. I'm going to download the latest Kalyway 10.5.2 and give that a try.