Leadtek Winfast 8600GT Fanless Leopard compability? (PX8600GT-256H)

hinhale

2 posts in this topic

So, uhm, I'm just about to take the plunge and order this card. Does anyone use it (or the identical one with a fan) in their OSX86 systems? I haven't found any posts verifying that this card will actually work, but I figure it should since a lot of people are running 8600gt's. It's the G84 rev. from what I gather, if that makes any difference.

This is pretty much the only current generation fanless card that'll fit my case (it's only 90mm high and uses a raiser for the pci-e port, but has plenty of space length-wise that makes this card fit the bill perfectly since most of the heatsink is placed on the end).

I'm experiencing some tearing/graphical glitches with my much to loud x1600pro, and it won't do DVI, and that's pretty much the only reason I'm upgrading, so if I can confirm I'll get working DVI, no tearing and QE/CI et.c. I'll go ahead and place my order.

http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/3d_graphic/o...p;pronameid=340

EDIT:

I run OSX86 exclusively, so it doesn't matter if a firmware hack or something of the sort is the only way to get it to work, and performance is not a big issue either since I don't game.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, well, I've now placed the order. If anyone is considering a somewhat similar/identical card, and wonders if I was successful, feel free to let me know and I'll post an update. Should have the card in, uhm, a couple of days I hope.