Multi-boot (Vista/XP/Leopard) success story with leo4allv2

5 posts in this topic

I previously have Vista and XP on 2 separate HD with dual-boot configuration using Easy BCD.

Recently I installed Leopard 10.5.2 with the leo4allv2 distro on an USB external hard drive. After installation and making sure that Leopard is working properly, I turn off my external hard drive and it is back to Vista's bootloader automatically. I booted into Vista, used Easy BCD to add a new Generic Mac OS X entry, pointed to the Vista boot drive, and then find a "chain0" file on the web and copy it to the Vista boot drive as well. Then I turn my external HD back on, and upon reboot, I have the Vista bootloader taking control, and with XP, Vista, Leopard booting up nicely correspondingly. :D

I previously have Vista and XP on 2 separate HD with dual-boot configuration using Easy BCD.

Recently I installed Leopard 10.5.2 with the leo4allv2 distro on an USB external hard drive. After installation and making sure that Leopard is working properly, I turn off my external hard drive and it is back to Vista's bootloader automatically. I booted into Vista, used Easy BCD to add a new Generic Mac OS X entry, pointed to the Vista boot drive, and then find a "chain0" file on the web and copy it to the Vista boot drive as well. Then I turn my external HD back on, and upon reboot, I have the Vista bootloader taking control, and with XP, Vista, Leopard booting up nicely correspondingly. :wacko:

Congratulations!

I have configuration as you on my PC, i tried to install iATKOS but i saw too many issues so i quit installing that again again. I am in a process of getting Leo4All 10.5.2 right now maybe today evening i will insall it, Can you please let me know which packages to added while installing Leo4All.

Recently I installed Leopard 10.5.2 with the leo4allv2 distro on an USB external hard drive. After installation and making sure that Leopard is working properly, I turn off my external hard drive and it is back to Vista's bootloader automatically. I booted into Vista, used Easy BCD to add a new Generic Mac OS X entry, pointed to the Vista boot drive, and then find a "chain0" file on the web and copy it to the Vista boot drive as well. Then I turn my external HD back on, and upon reboot, I have the Vista bootloader taking control, and with XP, Vista, Leopard booting up nicely correspondingly. :P

Hello, I apologize for my English but is translated as google. I wanted to ask advice, I have XP and VISTA in the same HDD in 2 separate partitions. I would like to create a third to install Leo4All. My question is this: In order not to have problems boot, it is better to install Leo on the same HDD, or it is better to install an external SATA HDD?

Thanks

Hello, I apologize for my English but is translated as google. I wanted to ask advice, I have XP and VISTA in the same HDD in 2 separate partitions. I would like to create a third to install Leo4All. My question is this: In order not to have problems boot, it is better to install Leo on the same HDD, or it is better to install an external SATA HDD?

Thanks

Yes you can Install the Leopard on the same harddisk by creating a separate partition . But be advised once the if you install Leopard you can get "winload.exe missing for windows VISTA " and " NTLDR Missing" for Windows XP ...

Solution

1. Download Easybcd Install the Windows Vista check the enteries

2. Install the leopard on the partition

3. After installation boot the computer with Windows Vista bootable DVD .. and select repair option

4. Log into windows Vista

5. Change the enteries for Windows XP and MAC OS 10.5.2 Leopard

This has worked for me so hope it works for you also :wacko:

With Regards,

Stealth

Yes you can Install the Leopard on the same harddisk by creating a separate partition . But be advised once the if you install Leopard you can get "winload.exe missing for windows VISTA " and " NTLDR Missing" for Windows XP ...

Solution

1. Download Easybcd Install the Windows Vista check the enteries

2. Install the leopard on the partition

3. After installation boot the computer with Windows Vista bootable DVD .. and select repair option

4. Log into windows Vista

5. Change the enteries for Windows XP and MAC OS 10.5.2 Leopard

This has worked for me so hope it works for you also :D

With Regards,

Stealth

Thank you for your reply. I have done as you told me, but I can not repair the boot files. (Not very practical Vista) If you could explain step by step how to do, then there would be grateful.

P.S. If normal startup, the error is: HFS + partition error