3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I am trying hard to install leopard on this :

Model: Toshiba Satellite A15 S127

Processor Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz

Installed Memory 256 MB (DDR SDRAM)

Hard Drive 40 GB IDE Display 15 in.

Motherboard Chipset Intel 852GM Bus Speed 400 MHz

CD / DVD Type CD-RW/DVD-ROM Optical Drive Read Speed 24x (CD)

Display Size 15 in. Display Color Support 24-bit (16.7 million colors) Display Max. Resolution 1024 x 768 Video

Graphic Processor Intel 855GM AGP 4X Installed Video Memory 32 MB Graphic Bus Interface AGP External Video

I tried installing iAtkos v1.0i, but it dint go beyond the white background and grey apple logo screen.

I am currently downloading Kalaway_leo_10.5.1.iso (4.37 gb), but not sure whether it will work.

Please guys let me know how can I install leopard onto this.

Thanks !

Mohit

• 1 month later...

Sorry buddy, there's no chance of having Leo boot on this notebook. I own one as well and there are several reasons why Leo wont run on it, and even if it did, you wouldn't want it on there.

Firstly, Nearly all Leo distros use an EFI bootloader, which this laptop apparently hates. You may have noticed when you tried the Kalyway distro that it starts the setup and then almost immediately reboots the machine? This is beacause the BIOS on this laptop simply hates EFI altogether and refuses to boot with it.

Secondly, as of Tiger 10.4.1 (i believe) there has not been any support for the onboard 855GM graphics chipset. VESA output will work which is why Tiger works just fine, but you lack Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) support, so all the fancy eye candy and special effects will not work, so the pretty much makes leopard crippled. Leo sometimes relies on some of those special effects as the main user interface to some of its programs, and thus if you cannot see them, you cannot use them.

all this, and unless you've upgraded your memory, this lappy has 256MB of RAM, and Leo requires at least 512. Not that that matters because it wont boot anyways lol.

You should be able to keep up with all the latest versions of popular programs though, by downloading XxX's version of OSX 10.4.11, which is currently running just fine on my a15-s127. It's the highest distro i've seen so far still runnign on SSE2 that isnt Leo. OR yiou could just reinstall Windows to the rig, sell it to some poor college student who needs a cheap lappy, and put the $$ towards an inexpensive Core 2 Duo with decent compatability in Leo.Just raid the HCL and see whats working best these days

• 1 year later...
Sorry buddy, there's no chance of having Leo boot on this notebook. I own one as well and there are several reasons why Leo wont run on it, and even if it did, you wouldn't want it on there.

Firstly, Nearly all Leo distros use an EFI bootloader, which this laptop apparently hates. You may have noticed when you tried the Kalyway distro that it starts the setup and then almost immediately reboots the machine? This is beacause the BIOS on this laptop simply hates EFI altogether and refuses to boot with it.

Secondly, as of Tiger 10.4.1 (i believe) there has not been any support for the onboard 855GM graphics chipset. VESA output will work which is why Tiger works just fine, but you lack Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) support, so all the fancy eye candy and special effects will not work, so the pretty much makes leopard crippled. Leo sometimes relies on some of those special effects as the main user interface to some of its programs, and thus if you cannot see them, you cannot use th

all this, and unless you've upgraded your memory, this lappy has 256MB of RAM, and Leo requires at least 512. Not that that matters because it wont boot anyways lol.

You should be able to keep up with all the latest versions of popular programs though, by downloading XxX's version of OSX 10.4.11, which is currently running just fine on my a15-s127. It's the highest distro i've seen so far still runnign on SSE2 that isnt Leo. OR yiou could just reinstall Windows to the rig, sell it to some poor college student who needs a cheap lappy, and put the $ towards an inexpensive Core 2 Duo with decent compatability in Leo.Just raid the HCL and see whats working best these days

Can u help us what and how to install Mac OSX on Toshiba a15-s127?

Thank you so much in advance!