looking for some advice

noomski

1 post in this topic

Hi i've been searching around these forums and the net over the last few days prior to installing OSX Leopard - Kalyway 10.5.1 and I'm getting mixed information (and in some cases no information) relating to installing on my configuration. I realise that If I keep searching I'll eventually get the info I need but I was hoping some of you may be able to give me a push in the right direction.

My System

Processor: Intel Q6600 (GoStepping)

Motherboard: Asus Striker Extreme

Graphics Card: XFX GF 8800GTS 600M 640MB DDR3 DUAL DVI TV X

Mem: 2Gb corsair Dominator

HDD: 2 x Western Digital Raptors Raid 0 (For System) 1 x Samsung 1Tb (For Storage)

Current Install Progress:

1. The Raptor Raid was partitioned up into 4 partitions. (45Gb for XP, 45Gb for Vista, 45Gb for OSX, remainder to be used as fast disk for video editing)

2. XP Pro was installed and all apps etc installed.

3. Vista Ultimate installed and all apps etc installed. (vista took over the boot load screen as expected)

4. Insterted Kalyway 10.5.1 disc.

5. Pressed any key to boot from cd when asked.

6. Apple logo appears.

7. Warning message appears asking for user to shut down machine.

Now my first guess is that it doesn't like my raid array. However I've searched around and found nothing that conclusively answers the question about installing on a raid 0 system. Can it be done? Also can anyone who has set up this kind of triple boot on raid 0 offer me any suggestions on the right course to take with getting this installed, and anything I may need to look out for?

The reason i ask is that nearly all the other triple boot tutorials seem either outdated or don't involve raid, or include using linux to set up the boot.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this

Mike