BCD/Darwin Bootloaders Problem

4 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me... I've got the Vista bootloader configured correctly so I get a choice of Vista or Mac OS X. When I select Vista... Vista loads (hurray!). When I select Mac OS X, the darwin bootloader is defaulted to boot Vista, and so I get the Vista bootloader again. Pressing F8 allows me to select Mac OS X.

How can I remove the NTFS option on the darwin bootloader, or just default to Mac OS X?

If this has already been posted, I do appologize. I didn't find any topics that seemed relevant when I searched.

Kind Regards

You cannot remove any option on the darwin Bootloader because it takes what is there, so because you NTFS partition is the Active one it chooses as the default.

If you want to boot Mac OS as default you need to change the initial bootloader.

Boot from Darwin then if you choose the NTFS partition you could have only Vista in the BCD boot and it boots in vista, or add an entry for Darwin and it will present option to boot in Vista or Macos

Unfortunately Darwin does not see other disk's partitions.

hmm originally when I was trying to use the darwin bootloader vista would break every time I made my mac partition the active one, so I downloaded easy bcd to add the mac partition to my vista bootloader. I don't know how to get vista to play nice when it's not the active partition.