Nearly there.....

Ranger_101

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've just installed iAtkos R3 (the one with the nForce chipset patch) and all went OK. I chose Darwin EFI bootloader, SSE3 nForce kernal, VGA was nVidia 512Mb

When I boot in Leopard I get the grey screen with the apple logo and the little timer come up, this then disappears and my monitor displays 'Input Not Supported'.

Hard disk activity continues so I assume it's not a crash but the system is changing to a resolution/refresh rate not supported by my monitor. I've tried changing to the second output on my grfx card with the same result.

Is there any way to start Leopard in a forced resolution to check my theory?

My system is:

680i nForce

Quad Core Q6600

2Gb RAM

Geforce 8800GTS 512Mb

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi,

I've just installed iAtkos R3 (the one with the nForce chipset patch) and all went OK. I chose Darwin EFI bootloader, SSE3 nForce kernal, VGA was nVidia 512Mb

When I boot in Leopard I get the grey screen with the apple logo and the little timer come up, this then disappears and my monitor displays 'Input Not Supported'.

Hard disk activity continues so I assume it's not a crash but the system is changing to a resolution/refresh rate not supported by my monitor. I've tried changing to the second output on my grfx card with the same result.

Is there any way to start Leopard in a forced resolution to check my theory?

My system is:

680i nForce

Quad Core Q6600

2Gb RAM

Geforce 8800GTS 512Mb

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

you can add a graphics string to com.apple.Boot.plist and specify refresh rate something like

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280×1024×32@60</string>