Install Problems: Acer TM8204 and Kalyway 10.5.1

vyx

6 posts in this topic

I tried installing Kalyway on my laptop. The first couple times I just ran the boot disk, and after loading was complete I just got the apple logo. Not even the spinning thing that shows that it`s loading. It hangs here.

I tried later on with -v. I noticed that it stops here:

MAC framerwork successfully initialized

Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

I don`t seen any problems before this, it just hangs here. The specs are in my signature. Has anyone been successful with installing Leopard on the 8204? Does anyone know what's wrong?

Just a side note, there's nothing in the bios that's relevant...

From what I've been reading on the forums and in guides... I've checked, and my processor supports SSE2/SSE3. I know that there aren't any fully working drivers for the 3945ABG... I can't think of anything else that's stopping it from starting up, unless it really does have something to do with my BIOS.

I don't really know how to update my BIOS either. When I go into my BIOS settings I get very simple settings, nothing of which has been discussed on forums.

I tried iATKOS this time around. I noticed two errors:

Extention "com.apple.driver.appleacpiplatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

and

Extention "com.apple.driver.ACPLSMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Hmm... Well I read around and tried JAS 10.4.8(Tiger)... it ran the install fine, but when it came to booting into Tiger, it hung again... I'm pretty close to giving up on this...

• 2 weeks later...