Error: "longjmp botch"

itza

2 posts in this topic

After following this procedure:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The diskpart utility (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/diskpart.mspx) included with Windows XP can create a suitable partition without booting into Linux. Run diskpart from cmd.

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ###  Status      Size    Free    Dyn  Gpt

--------  ----------  -------  -------  ---  ---

Disk 0    Online        56 GB      0 B

DISKPART> select disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk.

Extended partitions will not work, only primary partitions. If there are "Extended" and "Logical" partitions, they can be deleted and a primary partition can be created in their place. The logical partition deletes fine with diskpart, but deleting the extended partition (the container that holds logical partitions) in diskpart may result in this error:

DISKPART> delete partition

The selected partition may be neccessary to the operation of your computer, and

may not be deleted.

If this occurs, the logical partition can be deleted in Disk Manangement, which can be ran by typing diskmgmt.msc in cmd, or for those that prefer the GUI: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Managament -> Disk Management. After there is enough free space, proceed to create a primary partition of type 0xaf:

DISKPART> create partition primary id=af

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ###  Type              Size    Offset

-------------  ----------------  -------  -------

Partition 1    Primary            32 GB    32 KB

* Partition 2    Unknown            24 GB    32 GB

DISKPART>

exit

If you wanted the partition to be only around 6.5gb since that's all the Tiger image is, and you don't want a whole 40gb HD gone to waste with a HFS+ filesystem that Windows can't read, use the "create" command with the size attribute like this: (same as above but notice the Size attribute):

DISKPART> create partition primary size=6660 id=af

Notice how diskpart says the type is "Unknown". Disk Management

will show "Healthy (Unknown partition)" as well if you specified the type correctly and it will not show up as a drive letter under Windows. You are now ready to load this new partition with Apple's HFS+ disk image.

[edit]

Copy the image over your partition

[edit]

In short

dd for windows (http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite/dd.htm)Please note that if your partition is larger than 6.5GB the remaining space will not be available in OSx. There is currently no way to use the full partition size using dd.

Copy the disk image to your partition, skipping the first 63 sectors. This can be done with (replace /dev/hda2 by the partition you want to OSX to reside on)

dd if=tiger-x86-flat.img of=/dev/hda2 bs=512 skip=63

If you have not uncompressed the image, you do not need to. Let just pipe the output of tar:

tar -jOxf tiger-x86.tar.bz2 tiger-x86/tiger-x86-flat.img | dd of=/dev/hda2 bs=512 skip=63

If you are using Windows, use dd --list to determine what device to use for the of parameter. For example:

C:\tiger-x86>dd if=tiger-x86-flat.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 bs=512 skip=63

rawwrite dd for windows version 0.3.

Written by John Newbigin <jn@it.swin.edu.au>

This program is covered by the GPL.  See copying.txt for details

12581793+0 records in

12581793+0 records out

[edit]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got stuck at ATAdetection, so went in WinXp - MacDrive and patched manually with Maxxuss-SSE3...v0.4_1 files. I've also upgraded my mobo's BIOS (ECS A939, Nforce4). Now, I've passed through the first phase - hardware detection, and went into a looping error, displaying "longjmp botch". Anyone, any idea about what could happen? :P

I'm going to dd again, but I wonder B) if is there any way of patching tiger-flat-x86.img before dd-ing, or how-to-do-it after dd? It seems that I did domething wrong when patching... :-(

Thanks!

After following this procedure:

I've got stuck at ATAdetection, so went in WinXp - MacDrive and patched manually with Maxxuss-SSE3...v0.4_1 files. I've also upgraded my mobo's BIOS (ECS A939, Nforce4). Now, I've passed through the first phase - hardware detection, and went into a looping error, displaying "longjmp botch". Anyone, any idea about what could happen?  ;)

I'm going to dd again, but I wonder  <_< if is there any way of patching tiger-flat-x86.img before dd-ing, or how-to-do-it after dd? It seems that I did domething wrong when patching... :-(

Thanks!

I need to add my config:

3000+ AMD64 on a ECS A939 (NForce4), Video: Gainward Geforce 4 on PCI-E, 512 RAM (2700), HDD WD SATA 160 GB, Audio:Creative Live 24bit. Mouse is on USB, keyboard - PS2.

If anyone has any clue about that situation, please go ahead and comment!

Thanks!