Sound only works after sleep

henriq

6 posts in this topic

I have a Dell m1330 with a Sigmatel 9228 sound card. I am using a modified AppleHDA.kext and have got sound to work, but only after I sleep the computer. Occationally it just starts working after being on some time, but never right after boot. It is getting annoying to have to sleep the computer every time I want to hear something, does anyone know how to solve this?

I am running Kalyway updated to 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel.

I lost sound if I boot in windows first.

But if I boot twice in Mac OS I regain sound from speakers, but after sleep I get sound only from speakers when before sleep I have Speakers and 1st Headphone Jack at same time.

How do you mean boot twice? I guess you mean restart, and that unfortunatley doesn't work for me :/ After I used the sleep patch you mentioned in your guide my sleep causes kernel panics now, so my sound doesn't work at all atm...

ok, instad of sleep, reboot 2 times and see if you get sound.

Maybe you can't have proper sleep because you are using a different kernel than Vanilla or Sleep versions.

I have the 9.2.2 vanilla kernel atm, so that should work. I will try this sleep kernel and see if that helps me out. The cause of my kernelpanic is something with the kernel registers, so maybe the kernel is the problem after all?

Have you got this laptop to reboot properly? I looked through your guide but didn't find any solution. My computer just stops at a black screen after shutting down osx. Guess it's something with the ACPI.

Do you know how to uninstall the Sleep fix that superhai provided at the Dell xps m1330 Compilation? Before that my sleep didn't cause kernel panics but now i'm stuck with no sound. :)