edit com.apple.boot.plist?

GujuLvr

4 posts in this topic

i screwd up my com.apple.Boot.plist somehow but i m trying to edit that file threw Installer Disk (Datz only option i have change legacy boot to GUI, but i need to change now, so i m trying to back to legacy mode, i treid useing vi or pico nano, it says not valid command, is there anyway to edit? THankx.

just COPY it to another machine like this by copying to a usb stick enter this cp -R /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist /Volumes/YOUREXTERNALDISK/ ....After you done editing re-copy it back onto the external disk and then delete it by entering single user mode enter this after you hit F8 "" -s "" and put this command in rm -rf /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist then place the safe com.apple.Boot.plist on an external usb stick and copy the com.apple.boot.plist so enter this cp -R /Volumes/YOUREXTERNALDISK/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist .......I think thats it but anyhow ....reboot thats it!. :thumbsup_anim: