gateway laptop

MERLIN2049ER

6 posts in this topic

• 9 months later...

Actually Yes. I am actually typing this from the machine. Biggest problem is finding the freaking drivers for all the components. everything works fine except wireless, SOUND (i need some help finding that), and my webcam which will be last on my list.

I used iAtkos V5 and all went well till i saw that my laptop keyboard wasn't working. I downloaded a good ApplePS2Controller.kext file and that was fixed.

So anyway, yes it is possible.

• 4 months later...
Actually Yes. I am actually typing this from the machine. Biggest problem is finding the freaking drivers for all the components. everything works fine except wireless, SOUND (i need some help finding that), and my webcam which will be last on my list.

I used iAtkos V5 and all went well till i saw that my laptop keyboard wasn't working. I downloaded a good ApplePS2Controller.kext file and that was fixed.

So anyway, yes it is possible.

hey if u still need help with the sound...use voodooHDA it worked for me and i have the same gateway

• 5 months later...
has anyone found out how to get the Wifi on this laptop to work!! i know its a Marvell MC85 but i dont know where to get the drivers for it!

If it is an intel 5100 card it will never work! They are not supported at this time! I just changed out the wireless card on my gateway with a broadcom card it worked with a stock kext!

• 1 month later...