Problem when booting from iAtkos v 1.0i dvd

hvrock13

15 posts in this topic

I'm new to this forum stuff.. and I've been trying to install iAtkos v1.0i on my compaq presario pc and when i get to the bootloader screen (i think thats what its called) i enter -v -x -y cpus=1 and instead of the grey apple screen it has alot of code-like things displayed and then eventually it goes into a non stop repeat of the same message:

USB notification: The device "EHCI Root Hug Simulation" @ 0xfd000000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The hub it is attached to has been disabled.

I'm not sure what to do to fix this problem and i've been trying to install this for about 2 weeks now. If its usefull, heres my computer's specs:

80 GB IDE hard drive

756 MB of RAM

Intel celeron 2.60 GHz processor

and it's running windows xp home edition sp2 if that helps any.

i'm not the most knowledgable person with computers if you can tell, so im sorry if thats not enough info but any help would be appreciated, i'm getting tired of non stop failed attempts at this..

Hmm, what chipset is on the motherboard? Are you able to remove all usb devices and boot from a ps2 keyboard and mouse? Maybe this will help. The iAtkos I tried would not work with ps2 input devices by the Kalyway was fine with usb and ps2.

um im not really sure what you mean by chipset, if you could tell me how to figure it out i could tell you. and i'm pretty sure im using a ps2 mouse and keyboard, its a wireless logitech set and i remember seeing ps2 device in my programs list. im not sure how i could remove my usb ports though. or just the devices hooked up to them?

By chipset, I mean the chipset on the computer's motherboard. What's the model # of the Compaq? I could have a look on the Compaq website.

Yeah, I meant disconnect all usb devices from the computer and use only ps2 peripherals to see if this helps.

ohh okay well its a compaq presario SR1010V. i know that the BIOS is like award BIOS or something.. i could restart and check, if that could help you out.thanks for helping me out though man i appreciate it, i hope you can help me figure out whats going wrong.

You could try installing via an external usb dvd drive. I'm not sure that you could install via an external usb flash drive. Each install dvd is over 2gb in size. You may also have problems installing to an ide hard drive.

Forgot to add that you may have other compatibilities problems as well such as video and sound.

ohhh. hm i might just be better off buying a mac mini, its only 600 bucks.. and no im pretty sure the computer is the exact same as it is when we bought it like 6 or 7 years ago.. i just added 512 MB of RAM and thats about the only change. so its probably the same graphics card.