Problems installing 10.4.10

baballin328

5 posts in this topic

Hi after trying to install Leopard with no success, I'm now trying the instructions of the "Perfect Leopard Install" guide. So I'm trying to install Kalyway' 10.4.10, but I get the /com.Apple.boot.plist error that I got with Leopard. So I try installing it through VMware. I managed to install it on a virtual disk, but not a physical disk. With a physical disk, I keep getting an error about the operation failing when I'm partitioning/formating with Disk Utility. With my virtual disk, I got it to install, but it cannot boot (kernel stacking error). Is there something that I can buy (hardware controller?) to solve the /com.Apple.boot.plist error?

After getting Tiger to sort of install on my virtual disk, I tried installing Brazilmac's Leopard, but that resulted in a stacking error once the Apple logo showed up. So I tried Kalyway's Leopard, but that results in a cross/x in front of the Apple logo.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

it seems like i'm talking to myself at this forum...:). but just in case anyone actually felt like helping me, I've tried booting my Tiger HD without VMware. The computer doesn't restart, but it stays at the grey screen and then a stop sign appears over the apple logo. What does this mean? I've done -v and it says "still waiting for root device". I've activated my hard drive and marked it as boot, but that still doesn't help. What else can I try?