dvd player (inizialization error no playback device found error -7100)7

Guest cavallo

4 posts in this topic

Guest cavallo

I have just installed leo4 all everything is ok except playing back any dvd or video file, also ones correctly i movie captured.

Everything is recognized correctly dv cams, webcams external firewire and usb 1 1,1 or 2 devices (after installation), also dvd burner philips spd2412t dvd +/- r/rw dl +/- ide internal but i can't see any dvd movie or video files.

I have never seen an apple machine working w/o usb key/mouse this one wors zith ps/2.

I have tried vlc quick time export i dvd nothing to do and i think i can't install toast 8 or 9 and popocorn 2 or 3 due that error -71007.

configuration:

athlon 3800 64x2 opteron170 skt939;

2gb ram 333 mhz 64 bit single channel;

k8n neo4 nforce4 fi standard motherboard;

ac97 audio codec;

pr ms ide ch maxtor 6y080l0, win xpsp2;

pr sl ide ch maxtor 6l200p0, first part. vista snd part. ubuntu, all loaded by grub boot loader;

sd ms ide ch philips spd2412t dvd r/rw;

sd sl ide ch maxtor 6e040l0 leopard 10.5.2 first part. guid pt alone loaded by f11 at reboot and selecting 3rd hd;

sapphire ati hd2600 dual dvi d links 512 vram video adapter;

apple monitor display 20" and grundig lenovo 26" flat lcd panel dvi d input monitors;

Iomega usb2 7in1 flppy card reader; hp phsmart3180 and brother dcp115c usb 2 printers; 3 canon dv cams mv830 - 700 - 750; 1 ext usb2 dvd r/rw lacie and 1 ext dvd firewire r/rw lacie; 2 firewire ext hd 80 gb each and 1 usb2 ext hd 20gb self built:

important notes, first dvd pb not possible also with external devices; 2nd my ,other and videoboards are not included in any 10.5.2 hcl list.

Thanks to developpers for that and to anyone able to give me solution for that

I have just installed leo4 all everything is ok except playing back any dvd or video file, also ones correctly i movie captured.

Everything is recognized correctly dv cams, webcams external firewire and usb 1 1,1 or 2 devices (after installation), also dvd burner philips spd2412t dvd +/- r/rw dl +/- ide internal but i can't see any dvd movie or video files.

I have never seen an apple machine working w/o usb key/mouse this one wors zith ps/2.

I have tried vlc quick time export i dvd nothing to do and i think i can't install toast 8 or 9 and popocorn 2 or 3 due that error -71007.

configuration:

athlon 3800 64x2 opteron170 skt939;

2gb ram 333 mhz 64 bit single channel;

k8n neo4 nforce4 fi standard motherboard;

ac97 audio codec;

pr ms ide ch maxtor 6y080l0, win xpsp2;

pr sl ide ch maxtor 6l200p0, first part. vista snd part. ubuntu, all loaded by grub boot loader;

sd ms ide ch philips spd2412t dvd r/rw;

sd sl ide ch maxtor 6e040l0 leopard 10.5.2 first part. guid pt alone loaded by f11 at reboot and selecting 3rd hd;

sapphire ati hd2600 dual dvi d links 512 vram video adapter;

apple monitor display 20" and grundig lenovo 26" flat lcd panel dvi d input monitors;

Iomega usb2 7in1 flppy card reader; hp phsmart3180 and brother dcp115c usb 2 printers; 3 canon dv cams mv830 - 700 - 750; 1 ext usb2 dvd r/rw lacie and 1 ext dvd firewire r/rw lacie; 2 firewire ext hd 80 gb each and 1 usb2 ext hd 20gb self built:

important notes, first dvd pb not possible also with external devices; 2nd my ,other and videoboards are not included in any 10.5.2 hcl list.

Thanks to developpers for that and to anyone able to give me solution for that

have you CI/QE enabled ?

else try to reapply your sytem kext, apple smbios and maybe use marvin utility for some apps

hope this help

Guest cavallo
have you CI/QE enabled ?

else try to reapply your sytem kext, apple smbios and maybe use marvin utility for some apps

hope this help

sorry but due to keybord not standard i have no asking point

how to reapply sys kext apple sm bios and how to use marvin utility for some apps

i don't know if qi/ce is enabled cause i don't know what it is and where it is.

thanks a lot for help and patience

sorry but due to keybord not standard i have no asking point

how to reapply sys kext apple sm bios and how to use marvin utility for some apps

i don't know if qi/ce is enabled cause i don't know what it is and where it is.

thanks a lot for help and patience

1 to know if your graphic card is fully supported , you must check in your system profiler ( the little apple on the up left corner of the screen, and then, about this mac, more info and check your graphical adapter ) you must see Core Image & Quarts extrem supported

2 to apply kext , the easiest way is to use kext helper ( included in the folder apps if U use kaly release) else google it !

3 to get system kext , you can use the apple update and "open" it with pacifist so as to extract what it contains

Clich__2008_03_30_19_45_12.tiff