New to all of this

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, i was told to ask some hackintosh Q's here ony your lovely forum ;) and it looks great, just hope this is in the correct section.

Ok first off, im wondering if my old laptop will support leo4allv2 of hackintosh. My specs are:

Hp Pavilion DV4200

CPU: Intel Celeron M 360 (SSE2) 1.4GHz

RAM 512MB

Motherboard: Hewlett Packard 308C

I am also wondering if there is a program that will allow me to create the OSX partition without formatting my HD and losing the current XP install.

If leo4allv2 works with my machine, is there any errors i am likely to get?

Thanks to anyone who can help :P

just have to be patient afterall these forums wont have everyone around the world on them due to this being for the real tech heads who know what they are talking about

and by the way if your dual booting it with your cxurrent OS or like me find it easier to do on virtual pc 07 then this is the right place

if you want your whole pc be a dedicated MAC based pc then this aint the right place

(but for the time being while its a bit buggy i reccomend dual booting or virtually running it)

Thanks for the help. But i didnt know leopard could run through virtual pc, and i would preferr to install it on another partition on my HD.

If i cant create a partition without formatting my xp install then ill just buy an external USB drive and install Leopard on that.

If anyone knows any way to create another partition then please let me know, ive searched for programs for over a day now.

Thanks for the help :)