Problem in installing Leopard OS in a Intel Based PC.

ActiveBlade

4 posts in this topic

I'm using a Intel based PC. The configuaration are as follows:

Windows XP Professional SP2, ASUS P5-RD2VM motherboard, Intel Pentium D processor 2.67Ghz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 80GB HDD and a DVD Burner.

I downloaded the following image file from the internet, APPLE.MAC.OSX.LEOPARD.V10.5.ISO-OSX. When i extracted the files, I got a .dmg image file extension. I converted it to .iso image file using PowerISO and I burnt it in a 8.5GB DVD+R DL using Nero Ultimate 8.2.

Now when I try to install the OS by booting it from the DVD drive, a black screen comes and just goes off. After a few secs the Windows begins to load.

When I run the above burnt leopard os DVD in windows, it automaticallt starts to begin the installtion of Boot Camp.

What could be the problem and is there any solution to sort out this problem?

Please help me out at the earliest as I really got frustrated without getting a proper solution for the problem.

Active Blade.

Windows XP Professional SP2, ASUS P5-RD2VM motherboard, Intel Pentium D processor 2.67Ghz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 80GB HDD and a DVD Burner.

I downloaded the following image file from the internet, APPLE.MAC.OSX.LEOPARD.V10.5.ISO-OSX. When i extracted the files, I got a .dmg image file extension. I converted it to .iso image file using PowerISO and I burnt it in a 8.5GB DVD+R DL using Nero Ultimate 8.2.

Now when I try to install the OS by booting it from the DVD drive, a black screen comes and just goes off. After a few secs the Windows begins to load.

When I run the above burnt leopard os DVD in windows, it automaticallt starts to begin the installtion of Boot Camp.

Please help me out at the earliest as I really got frustrated without getting a proper solution for the problem.

Active Blade.

Hi,

plz download iatkos ir2 or kalyway mac leopard dvd from any torrent site.

than follow the instruction given on these blog site

http://web.mac.com/kakasingh

or

http://www.kakajirulz.blogspot.com

best of luck

regards

kaka

Active Blade.

If it was not summarised enough by sumit.bhavra, you have downloaded an actual Mac OS X Leopard Install DVD made to run on an Intel based macintosh. To save yourself downloading another disc image, there are plenty of retail patching guide around the forum,

Hi,

plz download iatkos ir2 or kalyway mac leopard dvd from any torrent site.

than follow the instruction given on these blog site

http://web.mac.com/kakasingh

or

http://www.kakajirulz.blogspot.com

best of luck

regards

kaka

Thank you sumit.bhavra for your valuable information.

Since there was a delay of getting a reply for 2 days, I've searched in some torrent sites and I've downloaded both the above said MAC OS image files, that is, iATKOSir2 and KALYWAY. But those 2 also disappointed very badly that none of them got installed successfully. Both of them booted, drives were partioned and formatted successfully, but when the final installation began the remaining time to finish the installation shown was 57hrs (approx). The disc checking took around 30-40min and it got finished successfully. After that the installation phase started and it shown the above estimated time. To be positive, I waited and had a keen look at that progress bar. To be frank it took 1 hr (approx) to movean inch and I waited for around 10 long hours. I really got frustrated and I switched off the PC. At present I've installed Windows Vista and it took only 30-40 mins (approx) to finish up the whole installation phase.

Is there any more solution to install the MAC OS?