Trying to decide on a new video card

4 posts in this topic

My 1800XL kicked the bucket recently and I am wanting to upgrade to a new video card right now I am torn between the 8800GT and the HD3870 both are similar in price and I know how they perform in windows but was curious if they are the same in OS X or not.

My 1800XL kicked the bucket recently and I am wanting to upgrade to a new video card right now I am torn between the 8800GT and the HD3870 both are similar in price and I know how they perform in windows but was curious if they are the same in OS X or not.

Can't speak on the HD3870 directly, it seems as per the sticky above that it is being worked on by netkas currently.

I own an 8800GT and i love it, works great on the pc and fully supported with nvinject on osx leopard

but i guess if i were you i'd be askin myself if crossfire is something i wanted in the future since you can't run SLI

Well I don't care about Crossfire or SLI I hardly ever use windows anymore but I was just curious because I know some cards may perform better at Direct3D than others but maybe be worse at OpenGL than the same card