Time Machine Update + My P4-HT-2.8ghz = Bad Times, Not Good Times

TheUSMarshall

1 post in this topic

Currently working with the following:D915GAV Intel MotherboardPentium 4 (Prescott) w/ HT 2.8ghz (520J)2 GB DDR (4x512MB DIMM's)256MB eVGA NVIDIA 7600GT (I think it's the GT, can't remember off the top of my head)Samsung DVD+-RW w/ LightScribe500GB SATA-2 HD (1 partition, GUID with MBR)Originally installed my own patched copy of the OS (using BrazilMac patches) and the Kalyway Make Boot CD. Updated directly from 10.5.0 to 10.5.2 using the Kalyway Combo Updater. Installed the graphics update with no probs; then hit the Time Machine update and ended up in an endless reboot. EFI was not originally installed as the OS was up and running smoothly and I didn't want to risk screwing it up. Since it's already screwed, i'm willing to try just about any solution. What i've tried:1. Installing EFI v8.0: it appears to be installed, but then again i'm new to EFI so i'm not sure... when I try to boot, I see Darwin, then 5-6 lines of EFI, then an instant reboot.2. Replaced mach_kernel and System.kext with the 9.2.0 netkas versions.Another thing i've noticed is that, when attempting to load the kernel with -f -v modifiers, I get all the way down to TMSafetyNet.kext before it goes into reboot. I'm also curious about whether or not the vanilla kernel would work with my processor as it *does* support SSE3. Thoughts?Any thoughts/advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated!Installed Leo4All on top of my original install and i'm back up and running. So happy I could cry. Eddie, you're the man.