Can't install Mac OS X 10.5.1 Kalyway

M-V

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody

I've downloaded and burned Mac OS X 10.5.1 Kalyway Version and I tried to instal it but I have a problem when I launch the installation program that says "The installation program hasn't been able to create the folder " /Volumes/ Untitled 1/Base System.pkg.133v7L5xv". "

This is my pc configuration

_ mother board: ASRock Conroe XFire-eSata2

_ processor: P.IV 531 3.00GHz

_ RAM: Jetram DDR2 PC5300 2Go 667Mhz

_ graphic card: Twintech Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512Mo

_ Power Unit: Fortron Bluestorm 500W

_ hard drive: Samsung 321KJ 320GB 16Mo Sata2

The fact is that I had to reinstal Windows Xp because of a problem and I decided to make a partition of 250GB for Windows and an other partition of 50GB for Mac OS X. And when I select the 50GB partition in the installation program of Mac OS X, it scans the dvd to see if it's ok (I already did it once and when I tried later, I skipped this step) and then I get the error I wrote above...

If anybody can tell me what I got wrong, it could be cool...

thanks

I don't think it's a matter of space, I just wrote down the error quickly before rebooting with Windows Xp

could be as ive heard as well that it doesnt like spaces. I had my volume named "Mac OS" before install, but it did not boot at all.

I tried to rename the partition from "Disque Local" (yeah I'm French ^^) to "Internal" but it still doesn't work. And I checked, there are no spaces anywhere in the error I posted above :hysterical:.