OSX86 wont boot after install

rhade

15 posts in this topic

Well i got OSX installed without any trouble, using the vanilla kernal and the ACPI fix (and EFI-MBR emulation) on the kalyway 10.5 iso , but when my system tries to boot from the disk it's installed on it hangs when it's accessing the drive, my hard drive LED stays lit and the PC is just pretty much stuck (i let it sit for about half an hour and it did nothing). the pc boots fine under Vista (which i'm using now) but OSX86 doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this same issue and know how to fix it? x_x

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160

Gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l motherboard

2gb DDR2-800

160gb western digital SATA hard drive

Philips IDE DVD burnern

Vidia Geforce 8600GT (512mb)

Bios settings are the factory "optimized defaults" with minor tweaks that shouldn't affect boot.

Anyone? :whistle:

Well I decided to reinstall leopard but now im getting a com.apple.boot.plist not found error when I try to boot with the cd in the drive. But when I try to boot without the cd it restarts like it did before and I tried the cpus=1 command but that didn't help. Can someone PLEASE help me.

Im using a Intel Pentium 4 Processor

1.5 Gig DDR 2 SDRAM

160 Gig Serial ATA-150

With a ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

And a ECS RC415ST-HM Motherboard

Download the Gparted Live CD,

Right click on your partition. Go to edit tags. Click the boot one. Restart. with any luck that should fix it.

Had the same problem here.

I'll try that tonight =D thanks, yo.

OK, I'm having a similar issue as the original poster. I am dual booting Vista and OSX from two different Hard drives on a HP 9700t laptop (Vista is already installedon Drive 1 and I installed Mac OSX 10.5.1 on the second drive). After installing OSX from the Kallaway 10.5.1 DVD, it will not boot into Darwin. It just boots into Windows. I can boot to it by choosing the 2nd disk MBR option in the Gparted Live CD, but how do I make it stick? If I'm using Easy BCD in Windows or the disk start option off of the Mac DVD, it does not recognize the second hard drive. In Disk Manager in Windows, it sees the disk, but I have no option to make it active.

How can I force Vista to give me the option to boot off of the second hard drive?

Well sadley it didn't work =\

And to clear it up: It's not booting into darwin at all. I can't get past the reboot after the install, even with the vista hard drive removed. The bios starts looking at the drive right after it lists all the IRQs on screen (like it does when booting into vista), then hangs with a blinking cursor on the screen, and then my hard drive light stays lit like it's thrashing the drive.

I'm kinda getting desperate, i'm on my 3rd install of OSx86 with the same problem, aand i'm not sure my hard drive can take another format/partition/install session again D=

I install it fine the only problem is when its loading up I get stuck with this screen

0323081527.jpg

I assume this is an error... Any help would be nice as I am new to Mac OS and have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

Computer Information:

Processer: AMD 3.01 GHz 64 X2 6000+ AM2 Socket SSE, SSE2, SSE3

RAM: 2.00 GB G. Skill DDR2 5.5.5.15 Dual Channel (6400)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

Motherboard: M2N-SLI Deluxe

Hard Drive: 250 GB WD IDE

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD

Note: Using Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2 to install...

Okay so a new development, if i leave the install CD in the drive and let the "boot from CD" thing time out, it starts OSX from the hard drive. So i'm guessing darwin's bootloader is pretty broken so i'll use grub or something. But now my new problem: PS/2 keyboard isn't working. And i can't go out and buy a USB keyboard anywhere any time soon ._. is there some way to get that working? I dont care if it requires another install, i jst need to get OSX installed. Damn me needing it for school and not being able to afford a new mac! XD

It won't boot for me either. I have the option of loading the cd or pishing f8 and when I load the cd it says starting osx then restarts my computer and never gets past that. I tried going into gparted but it never finds my hard drive. Any solutions?

This is the problem I had as well.