Black screen + slow but Wow works fine

Nano2k

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

So I am new to this hackintosh business...

Using Kalyway with all 10.5.2 updated, graphic update + new 10.5.2 drivers.

Wow works fine, COD 2 works after changing resolution in cfg file (was black screening before) but very choppy, Doom 3 and Quake 4 sound but black screen (would maybe work choppy like COD 2 if I had cfg file). It seems screen goes blueish/blank when I try to change desktop resolution.

So kind of 2 problems blank screen when changing resolution and choppy or black screen games (altough wow works great).

Using DVI close to motherboard on the 8800GT.

the DVI you are using is the right port... Weird you have the same bugs as people using the wrong port.

Maybe try the other port ? Worth a try... But using the DVI close to mobo makes Doom 3, Quake 4 and rez change work.

Well actually i was using the wrong Dvi port before, I changed it afterwards and it still doesnt work... maybe the fact of installing the drivers using the wrong port is the issue... Can I reinstall the NV inject stuff over again or should I delete some stuff?

Merci Cyclone^^

I re-installed a whole osx and did the proper manual install for the 8800GT, wish I had known about it before... Quake 4 running fine now, but COD 2 is still choppy maybe a driver issue.

Haha je vois que t'est tjs dans le coin^^

As long as wow works I'm cool the rest is for the peace of mind really. I'm under the impression that Wow ran smoother with the badly installed drivers...

Thanks for checkin my noob questions Cyclone and keep up the goodwork!