Freezes at Grey Apple screen after succesful install

sinitsinmike

8 posts in this topic

I read probably a half a million posts but can't find the answer to my problem...

After installing Mac OS X 10.4.8 [Jas Amd Intell SSE2 SSWE3] everything goes smooth. Finalizing installation appeares, after finished finalizing 30 seconds count down appeares, then computer restarts. Thill this moment everything was great... Then computer starts booting and gets stuck at grey screen with grey apple.

Could you please direct me to the appropriate forum or give me some advice.

Thanks.

Mike

Why are you installing tiger? You may as well go to the next level and install leopard. Freezing at the grey apple screen indicates that you've installed something from the customization menu that your computer doesn't like. Trying installing with as little as you possibly can, otherwise there will be conflicts and the boot will hang.

i got it! mac osx booted successfully.

note: installed without vanilla, chose mbr. after installation, booted and got stuck at the mac screen. turn off and on, and booted with -v -x command. (-v didnt work). now i'm done with inputting my details, running it now. but with no sound.

try booting with -v -x? it works for me.

Why are you installing tiger? You may as well go to the next level and install leopard. Freezing at the grey apple screen indicates that you've installed something from the customization menu that your computer doesn't like. Trying installing with as little as you possibly can, otherwise there will be conflicts and the boot will hang.
This time I tried to install with intell components only, gives me the same results...
This time I tried to install with intell components only, gives me the same results...
I managed to install it ones, and it was working untill the second reboot, so I know it is possible to make it work on my laptop. Now it gets stuck on the grey screen with grey apple...-vStarted CPU 01IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

post-203612-1206397234_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I am having the same problem, stuck on the grey screen with grey apple...

verbose gives me:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

My machine is a Dell Lat D630, Intel 965, GMA X3100 2GB.

First I did a sucessful installation with iAtkos_4i, but with the sleep mode problem, that I was handle with the sleep mode trick ( closing the notebook, wait to sleep and open it ).

I got Leo working but no lan, soundand wifi , So I decide to install a new iDeneb.

I never got this problem before, it seems there is something in my last installation ( that I want overwrite ) causing this.

The HD is only for OSX86, I set up my bios to work AHCI.

After trying a thousand time ( Kalyway and iDeneb ) , I use a Ubuntu 6 distro, to see what happens, and it shows me the "grey screen with grey apple" during the ubuntu live CD boot...

Why this can happen?

If I want to reinstall OSX86, I need to do something special?

I am very new with OSX86 and any help will be great.

Thanks in advance,

Jose.