10.5.1 Retail Patch

csn_pilot

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to patch the 10.5.1 retail DVD. I do not want to support piracy, and so will not download any torrents of Kalyway DVD, Leo10.5.dmg, etc.

Are there other patches besides brazilmac, and if so, where could I find them? And will they work on the 10.5.1 Retail DVD

I would love to get involved in OSx86, but just can't find 10.5 Retail anywhere. I don't want to buy from EBay or likewise.

Thanks for your advice.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to patch the 10.5.1 retail DVD. I do not want to support piracy, and so will not download any torrents of Kalyway DVD, Leo10.5.dmg, etc.

Are there other patches besides brazilmac, and if so, where could I find them? And will they work on the 10.5.1 Retail DVD

I would love to get involved in OSx86, but just can't find 10.5 Retail anywhere. I don't want to buy from EBay or likewise.

Thanks for your advice.

Installing a mac os on non-apple computer is actually supporting piracy.

I'm not so sure about patching the retail dvd, but if you DO bt one of those files, once you have Leopard installed on your computer the "pirated" way, if it is able to support EFI you can then install to another HDD from the retail DVD from WITHIN the Leopard you just installed.

If you can't follow what I am saying just look at one of the RETAIL install guides here in the forum. And I guess it would also work if say you plugged your HDD into a USB adapter and connected it to a real Mac. Then you wouldnt have to "pirate" it.

-sdelano

• 4 weeks later...