Dell Latitude 5160

IdeCable

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

There is a few things I would like to get working on my Dell Latitude 5160.

- Was *anyone* able to get the battery meter working after an install of Jas 10.4.8?

The install DVD, when booted, actualy *shows* the battery meter! I am not able to get the battery meter to work after the 10.4.8 install. Anyone was able to get it working?

And the ACPICPUThrooler package from this forum, when installed, makes portable USB hard drive and USB audio cards not working anymore. Anyone was able to fix that?

- CI and QE works using the alllaptop on this forum. But here's the problem: when the screen goes in sleep mode, the *whole* screen is white. Is there anyone who was able to get this fixed? And the screen never goes off when I close the lid of the laptop. Should I try other NVidia drivers? The dual monitor does not work as well.

- Does OSX supports PCMCIA? I can't get mine to work.

- Onboard ethernet works with the IONetworkingFamily.kext avaiable on this forum.

- Wifi works when adding <string>pci14e4,4320</string> in IO80211Family.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext\Contents\Info.plist but you need to enable the Wifi from the CMOS setup to work (in Windows, that's not an issue).

- Firewire and audio works without chaning anything.

- Disable hyper-threading in the CMOS setup, that's gonna fix a few system hangs. Is it possible to get this laptop working with Hyper-Threading?? I am curious about this.